Summary of cricket on television in the UK

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
For reference purposes, here is the televised cricket in the UK from 2010 to 2013:

Free To Air (available to all TV licence payers and digital TVs)

• 5 Glamorgan Twenty20 matches and Welsh Village Cup - live in Welsh language on S4C (digital TV only).
  • England home test matches and one day internationals - highlights on Five.
  • England in Australia test matches and one day internationals 2010/11 - highlights late night on BBC Two.
Setanta Sports subscribers (cheaper than Sky and available on digital, cable and satellite)

• Indian Premier League 20/20 - live and highlights on Setanta Sports 1 and 2.
  • Asia Cup one day internationals (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong) - live and highlights on Setanta Sports 1 and 2.
Sky Sports subscribers (available only on satellite)

• England home and away test matches, one day internationals and Twenty20s - live and comprehensive highlights on Sky Sports, home matches in high definition
  • ICC events (World Cup and Champions Trophy) - live and highlights on Sky Sports.
  • International cricket from around the world - live and highlights on Sky Sports.
  • LV County Championship, Friends Provident Trophy, Twenty20 Cup and English Premier League domestic cricket and domestic cricket from India - live and highlights on Sky Sports.

madmusician

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has it been confirmed that highlights of the Winter Ashes will be shown on the BBC?

Other than that, good work, but too little on FTA for my liking.

What I'd ideally like to see:

FTA

All live home internationals
A selection of Twenty20 matches, including EPL
Other county highlights
Winter tour highlights
World Cup highlights with England matches and the final live

Pay TV

Winter tours live
Extensive county coverage

Realistically, if cricket ever becomes FTA again, we could see:

FTA

Highlights of all home internationals
Live coverage of second home test series (could be simulcast with Pay TV)
County highlights

Pay TV

All of the rest

What I'd realistically like to see is that Sky offers the package for the cricket enthusiast, but a test series a summer could be FTA too, to get people involved. It could just be a dip-in package, but I would like to see it in the next deal.

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only problem with all of that is that BBC/Channel 4/Channel 5 provide a pretty poor coverage, unlike Sky. And Sky have all the money.

Users who are viewing this thread