Story Super Challenge 2004

Originally posted by crick4life
Me too, it was really foolish of me to have attempted a single after having played right into the fielders hands at short sq leg. There were still couple of balls to be bowled. Even if I had defended a ball and ran for a single we probably could have made it. Two run outs in the end were a touch too many.

Aussies wont mind sharing the trophy at all that too against the best among the world. Thanks for a terrific series nevertheless S, it was absolute cracker all the games :) . Probably only the third game was the only one which wasnt this close but it was excellent choice of teams and the accolades should go to you for the original idea :cool:

absolutely Ravi, fantastic series..of course your patch played a big role too..looking at how cloe these 2 teams were may it's fitting to share the trophy with a cracking final game.

I think what we really lack is a field editor..because some of the field settings I saw towards the end were shameful :D no doubt you noticed those too Ravi.

Other than that I think 25-25 game is fine too..some different combinations could be tried (eg bowl 10 over at start and 10 in the middle). But I really enjoyed bowling 50 overs game..

hope everyone who tuned in enjoyed the series as well

:)

It was the best online series I've ever played no doubt about that one. :cool:

It was absolutely great all the formats we played. In one game I played slow and set up good platform for the team to build on. I really liked the way I came back in the fourth game after having given away 150+ off 25 overs. There have been plenty of ups and downs in this series for both the teams.

You pointed it right, on a hard surface post 32 overs even the tail enders can win a game easily for you. With edges flying all over the place or even off normal shots there is always plenty of runs available. I think off 320 runs I scored 160 runs only by fours, dont worry about the six I cant hit one yet ;) :p . I need to work on that, I suppose you will remember these were the words I said after our previous online series :D .

I agree with you 25-25 and 50 over bowling were far more challenging although I dont mind the result in the last game at all. When I saw World XI put 320 on board, I thought can I even score 250 runs at all?:p

Brilliant series online play like that is the future well played lads.

that was great game.....i think ravi's policy of "nothing to lose" helped him to chase 320. Its very tough to chase such high scores. I remember when I once had to score 340 to win the match, took a similar approach as ravi, and did reach the target at the end.

Watch McGrath's back foot four off Harmison, the shot that tied the game or so I hope.

they'll be talking about that shot for years....and from mcgrath who hasn't even aggragated a 100 runs in his odi career yet. :D pretty hard to do that, eh? even kumble's got a few thousand runs in his bag.

Unbelievable end to a cracking series guys; I agree that to share the trophy seems a fitting end after such a close series. Great stuff :cool: .

Thanks to all those who followed this series, its been very nice of you all.

Just noitced while entering into Cricket statz the scorecard Australia is in fact short of target by 10 runs:eek: Cant beleive the game is so buggy it doesnt know to count:confused: :mad: . I thought twice or thrice in the game the ball had crossed the boundary and the fielder picked it up and threw it back to the keeper. Probably those runs were added to the total but not to the batsmen or bowlers' figures. Have anyone had similar issues?

Last edited:
had a weird incident towards end of my inning Ravi, none of the top bowlers were available to bowl the final over..don't know why? so had to give it to Lehmann who did rather well :rolleyes:

To sum up Super Challenge 2004, here is a 'special' look at some moments from World XI inning. Highlights (24 mb)

hope you guys like it :cool:

There you go if not for Lehmann you could have won. In fact now considering Australia were short by 10 runs my stats software refuses to put down the match as a tie:D

I think World XI took this series if you ask me going by the scores. Cant help the dejected Ponting but they didnt win in the end going by the scores. The score card mal functioned and I personally think World XI should be declared as the winners. Over to the panel of judges (all those who followed the series), can you guys pass a judgement?

tough one but we cant help glitches those glitches could have changed the approach to the last overs of the game so i say a tie

yes Ravi, there was no way for you to know while you were batting..so tie it is.

but look how biased #$*@ C2004/EA are, first the Aussies are short by few runs, EA show it as tie, and on top of that award the match to the Aussies!!! (@#* EA! :D

I think the Aussies should be declared as winners, as those 10 runs might have been lost in either run outs or in the case of a boundary being scored. Often the team total is updated, but the individual scores are not. Its another bug, but at the end, as a team, the aussies did get to the target. So according to me, the Aussies shoudl be declared the winners.

Users who are viewing this thread