Symonds racially abused vs India 5th ODI

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
This is just disgraceful,
Makes you wonder how Aussie fans will react in the winter series

AUSTRALIA'S Andrew Symonds has been racially abused by Indian fans while fielding during the home side's innings in the one-day match at Vadodara today.
The only black member of the national side was taunted by the crowd which made monkey noises at him during the latter stages of the Indian innings.

A Cricket Australia official confirmed the racist taunts were directed at the all rounder who was heavily booed on every occasion that he fielded on the boundary rope at the Reliance Stadium.

"The matter will be left in the hands of the local authorities," a CA official said.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22570984-23212,00.html

I hate Indian Cricket fans. Some of them are absolute twats, idiots and some of them are thoughtful smart people who love the game. But its the people like these at the game that get to me. I hate racism, I have experienced it, I know what it feels like and its not acceptable. Its disgusting and something better be done - this is just not acceptable at all.

And any Indians who say "Shut up Hooper, Australian crowds are just as bad", are wrong, we may sledge opposition players on the field but we aren't racist - Monty Panesar is an example.

Last edited:
Talking about Panesar, wasnt he racially abused in Australia?? Yes, i believe he was, you'll get it everywhere, its disgusting but what can the authorities do?

I don't recall him ever being taunted racially. The crowds here actually liked him.

Wait to you Indians come down under i'll give you some abuse.

I don't recall him ever being taunted racially. The crowds here actually liked him.

If i remember rightly it was during a warmup game or in the street, i have two stories and mixing them up, it was one of the two.

And Etho, no....verbal abuse to players isnt right

Talking about Panesar, wasnt he racially abused in Australia?? Yes, i believe he was, you'll get it everywhere, its disgusting but what can the authorities do?
A guy who played in my cricket team last season was sitting in the bay in which a complaint was lodged by Monty Panesar.

Supposedly, the majority of the section asked Kevin Pietersen to give them a wave and he obliged. They then turned their attention to Monty Panesar who was standing on the boundry line and asked him to give em a wave but instead he didn't bother turning around and just stood still with his hands on his hips.

My freind went to the Indian series of Australia in 1999, he told me that almost evrey single Indian players who was standing on the boundry or came in to bat was racially abused by the Aussie crowd, this was during the Melbourne match.

Some Indian fans are idoits, I wish they stop doing this.

That's not right, let them do it, we all know they are total idoits, don't fall to their level.

Last edited:
Makes me sick and hate being Indian at times.

Bunch of clowns.

Monty doesn't seem like the kind of guy to not wave, he's a right laugh on the boundary with the barmy army. Either way calling him a stupid Indian is wrong, he's as English as I am. In this incident, I could try and condone what they did because he does look like a bit of an ape (nothing to do with skin colour) but even so it's idiotic. Just ban them from cricket grounds for life and the problems sorted.

Would be hard to single them out, in a huge Indian crowd. But yeah, thats what they need to do.

Monty doesn't seem like the kind of guy to not wave, he's a right laugh on the boundary with the barmy army. Either way calling him a stupid Indian is wrong, he's as English as I am. In this incident, I could try and condone what they did because he does look like a bit of an ape (nothing to do with skin colour) but even so it's idiotic. Just ban them from cricket grounds for life and the problems sorted.

Oh yeah, and Monty looks like a an Indian (nothing to do with skin colour)

Last edited:

Excellent idea.

Some idiotic fans taunted one of your players so you decide to taunt our players who had nothing to do with the incident at all.

Great thinking. ;)

You make large comments that racism is this and that...

where were these guys when racism was openly done in colonial period? :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread