Symonds racially abused vs India 5th ODI

This whole incident is an embarrasment, not only the racism but the overall condoning in Sreesanth and the grudges he picks.

Oh yeah, and Monty looks like a an Indian (nothing to do with skin colour)
Only because of the beard and turban though :p theres a big difference between looking like an Indian and an animal, if i said he looked like a pumpkin no-one would have a problem but the fact so many people like to have a go at people for being racists and monkey is something racists use people aren't allowed to say it.

This whole incident is an embarrasment, not only the racism but the overall condoning in Sreesanth and the grudges he picks.

Just to add to that, this is the first time I have been ashamed to be an Indian cricket fan.

Yeah and I saw them throwing botters on the pitch aswell
but sometime Indian fans can be like that because i can remember when they were throwing stuff at the pakistani players.

I hate Indian Cricket fans.

Hooper, you can't blame the whole population of India (everyone is a cricket fan!) for something a couple of teenage idiots might have done. Sure, there are some poopheads, like there are in any other country or sport, that us racial slurs to make themselves feel better. They're just losers.
But you can't say EVERYONE is bad. That's just not right.

Yeah and I saw them throwing botters on the pitch aswell
but sometime Indian fans can be like that because i can remember when they were throwing stuff at the pakistani players.
yeah,

when pakistan were on the verge of a 4-2 series victory in 2005,
in the last match the match was delayed for about 30 minutes

Hooper, you can't blame the whole population of India (everyone is a cricket fan!) for something a couple of teenage idiots might have done. Sure, there are some poopheads, like there are in any other country or sport, that us racial slurs to make themselves feel better. They're just losers.

Yes but when people do that it gives the impression that all of the other people like that. I hate it how some ding dongs can ruin something for people who are actually there to watch the cricket.

Sorry, am I the only one failing to see the connection between Monkies and Black People?

How can they claim this to be racist?

Monkey noises can hardly be offensive. Monkies live in every country in the world, whether in the wild or Zoos.

Indians are black themselves. I don't think this is a racist thing. Just a 'I hate Andrew Symonds, because he smashes our attack to bits every game' thing.

Irottev, I have to thank you for bringing up that point.

Not more than two days ago, an Australian member here posted this about Sreesanth:
if they're classed as 'sub-par' i'd hate to see what pathan, zaheer, rp and sreesanth the monkey face are classed as.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=868990&postcount=49

And do you believe the Australians who've expressed their outrage here called out that member as a racist or do you believe they ignored the post?

The height of hypocrisy.

Dont just quote that part, because after that I explain what I mean and why. You just quoted that to make me look bad you idiot. Now quote me again with a reply to my full post and don't just make out like I just posted "I hate Idians".

Sorry, am I the only one failing to see the connection between Monkies and Black People?

Monkey noises can hardly be offensive. Monkies live in every country in the world, whether in the wild or Zoos.

Indians are black themselves. I don't think this is a racist thing. Just a 'I hate Andrew Symonds, because he smashes our attack to bits every game' thing.

Well, unless you have been in the direct line of it then I dont think you can understand, I have been called a "monkey" before just because Iam black and because brown people have a closer resemblance to monkeys (skin colour, because Iam sure as hell I dont look anything like a monkey). It means your an animal, not smart its like being downgraded.

We are brown, thank you very much! :mad::p

Dont just quote that part, because after that I explain what I mean and why. You just quoted that to make me look bad you idiot. Now quote me again with a reply to my full post and don't just make out like I just posted "I hate Idians".

Wow that was real harsh dude.
Ouch. I didn't mean for anyone to look bad. Dang.
People should know me enough on this forum to know that I don't post to make people look bad (unless it's in a humorous way).
Especially you Hoops.

I hate Indian Cricket fans. Some of them are absolute twats, idiots and some of them are thoughtful smart people who love the game. But its the people like these at the game that get to me. I hate racism, I have experienced it, I know what it feels like and its not acceptable. Its disgusting and something better be done - this is just not acceptable at all.

there are twats all around the world. We just gotta deal with those losers.
Most of the fans I know don't dibble into racism, maybe a little fun but not crossing that line.
I'm sure not many scrawnly indian people want to mess with symo either.

Last edited:
I agree with pal and irottev on this. While I admit there are stupid fans at any venue of any nationality, I fail to see the connection between making monkey noises and being black. It is obviously a connection made by the media who want to continue to make this series verbally abusive.

i think they were showing their "dislike" because Australia absolutely slaughtered them all day and were seriously frustrated... fair enough on the frustrated part.. but no need to carry on about it..... get ready for the next match.

Users who are viewing this thread