T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Reminiscing my BLC99 days, what happened to the WI stadiums? Happy to get insights from fellow members familiar with WI cricket.

• Bridgetown, Barbados- still hosting, will host theFinals
  • Georgetown - moved to the new stadium in Providence
  • Sabina Park, Kingston- ???
  • Port- of- Spain - not considered for this edition
  • Antigua, St.Johns- moved to Sir Viv Richards stadium
  • Arnos Vales, St Vincent- is this the same stadium of old? Or have they moved away?

Well for me this is the golden generation of South African cricket with the likes of Makaram and Stubbs

Well for me play can be extended upto 4 hours due to bad weather today that is unreal icc are on the ball and focusing on that idea

On the Afghanistan South Africa match, that was one shitty pitch. No one will speak about it because India was not involved on that wicket or Australia or England were not on the receiving end. That was not a T20 wicket.

Also the scheduling has been so tweaked up. Afghanistan after that late night game, travelled for couple hours with a 4 hour flight delay and had no chance to get acclimatize to the stadium.

We criticized BCCI so much on the 2023 ticketing fiasco, nobody gives a rats ass now for all this horrible scheduling not only now but from the start of the world cup.

ICC will be a joke till they stop favoring BCCI for everything. India probably is the least travelled team in this world cup.

And why is the final on a Saturday and not on a Sunday lmao
Blame the ICC. Or Emirates- they probably would have told them no flights to DXB on Monday. Hence, all players need to fly out on a Sunday only.
Well for me this is the golden generation of South African cricket with the likes of Makaram and Stubbs
For me, it will always be Cronje's South Africa. I'd rate them higher than the combined nemesis if Waugh+Ponting's Australia.
On the Afghanistan South Africa match, that was one shitty pitch. No one will speak about it because India was not involved on that wicket or Australia or England were not on the receiving end. That was not a T20 wicket.

Also the scheduling has been so tweaked up. Afghanistan after that late night game, travelled for couple hours with a 4 hour flight delay and had no chance to get acclimatize to the stadium.

We criticized BCCI so much on the 2023 ticketing fiasco, nobody gives a rats ass now for all this horrible scheduling not only now but from the start of the world cup.

ICC will be a joke till they stop favoring BCCI for everything. India probably is the least travelled team in this world cup.
Agree . WICB screwed up a 3rd ICC event in a row. Btw, was there a tournament director for this edition? The last Tournament Director appointed was for CWC2019 -the former South African pacer Steve Elworhty. Haven't seen anyone for the Indian World Cup nor for the Aus/Dubai T20s.

Blame the ICC. Or Emirates- they probably would have told them no flights to DXB on Monday. Hence, all players need to fly out on a Sunday only.

For me, it will always be Cronje's South Africa. I'd rate them higher than the combined nemesis if Waugh+Ponting's Australia.

Agree . WICB screwed up a 3rd ICC event in a row. Btw, was there a tournament director for this edition? The last Tournament Director appointed was for CWC2019 -the former South African pacer Steve Elworhty. Haven't seen anyone for the Indian World Cup nor for the Aus/Dubai T20s.
They definitely had a tournament director for the New York segment as thats where they wanted to mint money.

Can't see them starting for another hour, might as well watch The Boys
They can start till 2.40 PM local time that is 4 hours away for a full match. Go watch 4 of them!

Users who are viewing this thread