T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Difficult to know how good the pitch is when one guy has batted half the innings at that rate and everyone else who got in has gone 150+

This is a defendable score though with the Indian bowling attack. Given the start I think India would be happy even if it looks a bit short. But if someone like de Kock gets in he could turn the game very quickly.

Didn’t really see the ball do anything weird as a result of the pitch. Saw a few deliveries keep a bit too low or high from the spinners and I thought Rabada had to vary his pace and deliveries quite frequently to extract something (which Jansen failed miserably at). In any case you can’t face nearly half of the deliveries bowled and score at a significantly below par rate when the rest were finding boundaries easily every over or two (and these were Axar and Dube for the most part). When he did try to be aggressive after all the passiveness he initially struggled to time the ball too. It’s a poor knock but will be held up as something extraordinary if SA implode or the Indian bowlers turn up.

Bumrah could be a handful on this pitch as could all three spinners and Hardik. Arshdeep is a bit of a wildcard but I think he may be good today.
Post automatically merged:

Today , we have to be with Kohli . Him being aggressive at that time meant a low score if got out . Our batting finishes with Pandya . And you really trust Jadeja & Dube to bat good , telling there's Dube left ? I can never especially these days .

My brother in Christ, Dube has half the number of boundaries as Kohli despite facing nearly one-fourth of the deliveries.

That knock by Kohli is not really defendable irrespective of the result. I can only hope that we win for his sake so that it doesn’t become his ultimate legacy in this format, I think the man deserves better.

Didn’t really see the ball do anything weird as a result of the pitch. Saw a few deliveries keep a bit too low or high from the spinners and I thought Rabada had to vary his pace and deliveries quite frequently to extract something (which Jansen failed miserably at). In any case you can’t face nearly half of the deliveries bowled and score at a significantly below par rate when the rest were finding boundaries easily every over or two (and these were Axar and Dube for the most part). When he did try to be aggressive after all the passiveness he initially struggled to time the ball too. It’s a poor knock but will be held up as something extraordinary if SA implode or the Indian bowlers turn up.

Bumrah could be a handful on this pitch as could all three spinners and Hardik. Arshdeep is a bit of a wildcard but I think he may be good today.

My brother in Christ, Dube has half the number of boundaries as Kohli despite facing nearly one-fourth of the deliveries.

That knock by Kohli is not really defendable irrespective of the result. I can only hope that we win for his sake so that it doesn’t become his ultimate legacy in this format, I think the man deserves better.
Don't forget Shivam Dube's 50

One thing is for sure on hard length the ball is definitely holding up.

Go full you will be punished.

Jansen did the same throughout and we all saw how it went.

Nortje really saw hard length being very hard to hit in the whole innings, and went full for the whole last over.
Rabada before him too. Yorker obsession

We saw one out of form opener make runs; can another do the same?

Looks like there's a bit of extra bounce, that's about it. Depends how it holds up really.

Those first nine balls might have made it look easier to bat when it was just poor bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread