T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Congratulations to Namibia,! I felt they were too tentative in their main chase. Oman, could have finished the game earlier had they held on to their chances. Sad to see 2 points go begging. Namibia seemed like an altogether different entity during the Super Over, completely rejuvenated outfit.

Talking of the Super Over- The Super Over is a good way of deciding a game when it has been tied. I also liked the Bowl-Out, but it was more one-sided and put the onus on the bowlers.

While I am all for it when it comes to deciding the Knockouts, I simply don't understand why they wouldn't let a tied game remain a tie., especially in the group stage.
Drawing comparisons with FIFA might not be fundamentally right, but the penalty shoot outs don't occur after every tied game. You do not have to force a result for the league matches.

Post automatically merged:

Congratulations to Namibia,! I felt they were too tentative in their main chase. Oman, could have finished the game earlier had they held on to their chances. Sad to see 2 points go begging. Namibia seemed like an altogether different entity during the Super Over, completely rejuvenated outfit.

Talking of the Super Over- The Super Over is a good way of deciding a game when it has been tied. I also liked the Bowl-Out, but it was more one-sided and put the onus on the bowlers.

While I am all for it when it comes to deciding the Knockouts, I simply don't understand why they wouldn't let a tied game remain a tie., especially in the group stage.
Drawing comparisons with FIFA might not be fundamentally right, but the penalty shoot outs don't occur after every tied game. You do not have to force a result for the league matches.
I was thinking the same. Just let the match end in tie and divide points, unless it's a knockout match, then super over makes sense.

I don't mind super overs being used in league or group stages. They're so rare in cricket, compared with a draw in football, that it could really alter the course of a tournament if one match in a group has split points. I suppose there may be weather effected matches but they're unfortunate.

For me Hasaranga must deliver in this tournament for Sri Lanka, he a 4 d type cricketer that can captain, bowl, field, bat. These type of cricketers are very rare.

I am absolutely livid by the fact that everytime I open up this thread, it takes ages, and I mean literal ages to load because there are Tweets embedded in some posts here and because our assholian boomer uncles have banned Twitter in Pakistan, my browser doesn't know what to do when opening up this thread.

Fukcing hate these asinine uncles man.

Users who are viewing this thread