T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

One of Barbar best innings
images

So with that USA leg of T20 WC has finished! Here is an apt video for the occasion

Could any Pakistan fans please explain the international career of Saim Ayub to me please? Because from my perspective it seems as if he never gets any runs, but keeps getting picked regardless.
saim was the highest runscorer last cpl, so was picked and prepared for a WI world cup based on that.

also management went intent intent, boundaries in powerplay, modern t20 cricket, and saim got a lot of rawalpindi runs last psl at a high strike rate. mohammad haris — probably the other serious contender for a powerplay dasher — did not have a good psl.

saim was the highest runscorer last cpl, so was picked and prepared for a WI world cup based on that.

also management went intent intent, boundaries in powerplay, modern t20 cricket, and saim got a lot of rawalpindi runs last psl at a high strike rate. mohammad haris — probably the other serious contender for a powerplay dasher — did not have a good psl.

I realise that he doesn’t have the best of records at international level T20s but surely… the answer lies at number four in the current Pakistani lineup?

I realise that he doesn’t have the best of records at international level T20s but surely… the answer lies at number four in the current Pakistani lineup?
Anecdotally, when we had an England-Pakistan game on at the cricket club the other day, everyone who came in while Pakistan were batting kept asking some variety of "Why isn't Fakhar opening?" / "I thought Fakhar would open?" / "Does Fakhar bat as well at four?" and so on

These were England fans, and they were uniformly glad that England wouldn't have to deal with Fakhar at the top of the order

Anecdotally, when we had an England-Pakistan game on at the cricket club the other day, everyone who came in while Pakistan were batting kept asking some variety of "Why isn't Fakhar opening?" / "I thought Fakhar would open?" / "Does Fakhar bat as well at four?" and so on

These were England fans, and they were uniformly glad that England wouldn't have to deal with Fakhar at the top of the order
While I'd certainly advocate for Fakhar to open his numbers at 4 are decent, so I can see why they keep him there.

Cricket is so messed up. Top 8 teams need to go to qualifiers cause they are lower ranked against teams that dint make the top 8. Now for those lower ranked teams to get up the rankings, they need to play more against higher side which they dont get an opportunity.

Nobody grows except the top 5-6.

Also this is the format for cricket. Lower ranked teams, newer teams are highly competitive in this format. Scrap ODI's and the world cup. Keep it T20 and Tests.

Cricket is so messed up. Top 8 teams need to go to qualifiers cause they are lower ranked against teams that dint make the top 8. Now for those lower ranked teams to get up the rankings, they need to play more against higher side which they dont get an opportunity.

Nobody grows except the top 5-6.

Also this is the format for cricket. Lower ranked teams, newer teams are highly competitive in this format. Scrap ODI's and the world cup. Keep it T20 and Tests.
I actually think this format would be good for the ODI world cup. Quarter finals instead of second group stages, because knockouts are exciting. Reserve days for all matches.

I don't know why they don't just say top 3 in each group all qualify for the next one. It'd largely fulfil the same purpose (to ensure full members get their place and reward a team like Scotland). Global qualifiers for the other eight places.

I'd say, the host(s) and the semi finalists qualify directly, and the rest go to the qualifiers. But some full members won't agree to this, although this could be very good format.

Fakhar had two insane PSL seasons in 2022 and 2023 but RizBar must remain at the top, unless they start to feel the heat and they shove Saim in before pulling the plug on him 4-5 games later. It's quite clear that it's very deliberate, the ostracising of other batters. If some of them like Saim or Azam decide to leak dressing room news to a journalist, it's not gonna be pretty, believe me.

I'd say, the host(s) and the semi finalists qualify directly, and the rest go to the qualifiers. But some full members won't agree to this, although this could be very good format.
It'd be great if everyone had to qualify (aside from hosts) but the ICC tried that and we got the sh!t show that was the Super League where a team that's already qualified takes part and teams don't bother playing series because they've qualified or would rather play a T20 franchise league.

Users who are viewing this thread