Teams of the Decade - a competition story

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Inspired by a draft thread in which we were picking the best players of the decade 2010-2019, I decided to turn them into cricket 19 squads and play a competition.

Players were selected on their test records in the decade, and it was a turn-based draft so the squads don't reflect everybody's "best team of the decade", but obviously the interaction of priorities and who was available.

I will be playing them in a straightforward home and away test league, 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 1 for a losing or drawing first inns lead: top 2 into a final.

The competition is truly a mixture of the retro and modern...

Going retro, this is a Test match competition, and all the teams will play in white, without numbers on the back. They also all have the same basic uniform template, with different colours identifying the teams.

Going modern, this is a global franchise with matches played in all of the main cricketing continents. Inspired by the Hundred, we have unhealthy sponsors: all teams are sponsored by alcoholic beverages, and the main shirt sponsor for all teams is Pukka Pies.

Without further ado, teams in the competition are:

4RPHUn6.jpg

Fosters Charging Bulls - Captain: Kane Williamson, Home Ground: Sabina Park (picked by @DalePlaysSports)

TTgVVJc.jpg
Wr7L0hS.jpg

Old Speckled Hen Bokkeroos - Captain: Misbah Ul-Haq, Home Ground: The Gabba (picked by @blockerdave)

vbmFe6L.jpg

KRVSR6M.jpg

Spitfire Targets - Captain: Virat Kohli, Home Ground: Lords (picked by @Bigby Wolf)

151MtHC.jpg

cZOGRtX.jpg

Tribute Rhinos - Captain: Graeme Smith, Home Ground: Kingsmead (picked by @Aislabie)

GThOHTV.jpg

CBUFhQn.jpg

VB Lions - Captain: David Warner, Home Ground: Calcutta (picked by @AsadRM)

y84bHlC.jpg

tzilF88.jpg

All teams are shared on the server under mrdconnors. I have just used the players more or less "as-is" from the server. I haven't changed any ratings, just a couple of hair styles, fixed the mitch johnson i downloaded who was initially a right arm bowler, and changed some bats.

I will be sharing updates here. I'll be playing only as the Bokkeroos (Blokkerooos!), and simulating everything else.

Be starting a bit of a stream soon!

Thanks to @VC the slogger for initiating the draft, and to @Aislabie @AsadRM @Bigby Wolf and @DalePlaysSports for a fun draft and for indulging me by picking a 12th man each so i could make valid cricket 19 squads.

Cheers!

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Inspired by a draft thread in which we were picking the best players of the decade 2010-2019, I decided to turn them into cricket 19 squads and play a competition.

Players were selected on their test records in the decade, and it was a turn-based draft so the squads don't reflect everybody's "best team of the decade", but obviously the interaction of priorities and who was available.

I will be playing them in a straightforward home and away test league, 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 1 for a losing or drawing first inns lead: top 2 into a final.

The competition is truly a mixture of the retro and modern...

Going retro, this is a Test match competition, and all the teams will play in white, without numbers on the back. They also all have the same basic uniform template, with different colours identifying the teams.

Going modern, this is a global franchise with matches played in all of the main cricketing continents. Inspired by the Hundred, we have unhealthy sponsors: all teams are sponsored by alcoholic beverages, and the main shirt sponsor for all teams is Pukka Pies.

Without further ado, teams in the competition are:

4RPHUn6.jpg

Fosters Charging Bulls - Captain: Kane Williamson, Home Ground: Sabina Park (picked by @DalePlaysSports)

TTgVVJc.jpg
Wr7L0hS.jpg

Old Speckled Hen Bokkeroos - Captain: Misbah Ul-Haq, Home Ground: The Gabba (picked by @blockerdave)

vbmFe6L.jpg

KRVSR6M.jpg

Spitfire Targets - Captain: Virat Kohli, Home Ground: Lords (picked by @Bigby Wolf)

151MtHC.jpg

cZOGRtX.jpg

Tribute Rhinos - Captain: Graeme Smith, Home Ground: Kingsmead (picked by @Aislabie)

GThOHTV.jpg

CBUFhQn.jpg

VB Lions - Captain: David Warner, Home Ground: Calcutta (picked by @AsadRM)

y84bHlC.jpg

tzilF88.jpg

All teams are shared on the server under mrdconnors. I have just used the players more or less "as-is" from the server. I haven't changed any ratings, just a couple of hair styles, fixed the mitch johnson i downloaded who was initially a right arm bowler, and changed some bats.

I will be sharing updates here. I'll be playing only as the Bokkeroos (Blokkerooos!), and simulating everything else.

Be starting a bit of a stream soon!

Thanks to @VC the slogger for initiating the draft, and to @Aislabie @AsadRM @Bigby Wolf and @DalePlaysSports for a fun draft and for indulging me by picking a 12th man each so i could make valid cricket 19 squads.

Cheers!
Superb Stuff on the names and logos.

B

Bigby Wolf

@blockerdave I downloaded your teams but Coincidentally (lol) couldn't find my team spitfire Tigers on the academy.
upload_2020-1-17_11-35-56.png
upload_2020-1-17_11-33-33.png

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave I downloaded your teams but Coincidentally (lol) couldn't find my team spitfire Tigers on the academy.
View attachment 229252
View attachment 229251

I will check and reshare if necessary[DOUBLEPOST=1579243380][/DOUBLEPOST]
Superb Stuff on the names and logos.

I think @Llewelynf takes credit for most of the logos, which are ones he did for my rebel teams.

I think your logo was done by @gleeso73 for his MCC side, and @Aislabie logo was I think also @Llewelynf for a symonds bats.

all of the sponsor logos were on the academy, I don’t know who made them.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

thanks but honestly I can’t take much credit, I just put existing players into teams and used existing logos.

I think Adam Voges was the only player out of all squads I had to make as he wasn’t already on the server.

however, as I usually play 70s 80s 90s or even earlier era stuff, I actually didn’t have a single one of the players needed already downloaded (apart from the eng/aus licensed players)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay , now see me play your team then :p.

Will probably try to simulate the matches on Sunday to see how it goes or maybe a livestream of any game.

Meanwwhile you can continue destroying my tail lol.

would you believe I’m also 84/6... the difference is I didn’t collapse from 84/3 I rebuilt from 20/5!

unfortunately I just noticed the Mitchell Johnson was a RHB too aaargh. So have to fix and restart.

have reshared the bokkeroos with that fixed. Also had the wrong logo on the targets cap and helmet, so fixed that too

B

Bigby Wolf

I have Simulated the 2010s Tournament by Creating as Custom Test Tournament in Cricket 19.

MATCH 1 - Bokkers vs Lions at Gabba.

Bookers Won by Innings and 31 runs.
Screenshot (141).png Screenshot (142).png Screenshot (143).png Screenshot (144).png Screenshot (145).png Screenshot (146).png Screenshot (147).png

MATCH 2 : Targets vs Rhinos at Lords.

Screenshot (148).png Screenshot (149).png Screenshot (150).png Screenshot (151).png Screenshot (152).png Screenshot (153).png Screenshot (154).png
Screenshot (155).png Screenshot (156).png

Match 3 - Bulls vs Targets

Screenshot (157).png Screenshot (158).png Screenshot (159).png Screenshot (160).png Screenshot (161).png Screenshot (162).png Screenshot (163).png Screenshot (164).png
Screenshot (165).png

Match 4 : Rhinos vs Lions.

Screenshot (166).png Screenshot (167).png Screenshot (168).png Screenshot (169).png Screenshot (170).png Screenshot (171).png Screenshot (172).png

Match 5 : Rhinos VS Bokkers
Screenshot (173).png Screenshot (174).png Screenshot (175).png Screenshot (176).png Screenshot (177).png Screenshot (178).png Screenshot (179).png Screenshot (180).png Screenshot (181).png

Match 6 - Lions vs Bulls

Screenshot (182).png Screenshot (183).png Screenshot (184).png Screenshot (185).png Screenshot (186).png Screenshot (187).png Screenshot (188).png Screenshot (189).png Screenshot (190).png

Match 7 - Targets VS Lions
Screenshot (191).png Screenshot (192).png Screenshot (193).png Screenshot (194).png Screenshot (195).png Screenshot (196).png Screenshot (197).png Screenshot (198).png Screenshot (199).png

Match 8 - Bulls Vs Bokkers.

Screenshot (200).png Screenshot (201).png Screenshot (202).png Screenshot (203).png Screenshot (205).png Screenshot (206).png Screenshot (207).png Screenshot (208).png

Match 9 - Bulls vs Rhinos

Screenshot (209).png Screenshot (210).png Screenshot (211).png Screenshot (212).png Screenshot (213).png Screenshot (214).png Screenshot (215).png Screenshot (216).png Screenshot (217).png

Match 10 - Bokkers vs Targets

Screenshot (218).png Screenshot (219).png Screenshot (220).png Screenshot (221).png Screenshot (222).png Screenshot (223).png Screenshot (224).png Screenshot (225).png Screenshot (226).png

The Final

Screenshot (227).png Screenshot (228).png Screenshot (229).png Screenshot (230).png Screenshot (231).png Screenshot (232).png Screenshot (233).png Screenshot (234).png Screenshot (235).png

Points Table & Stats

Screenshot (236).png Screenshot (237).png Screenshot (238).png

So it turns out....
After all the tail end jokes eventually "The winner of the tournament is Me" :D:p.

This was just a simualtion of all the matches based and mostly for fun after the draft was over.

@blockerdave If its okay with you will keep the post in this thread or else will move it to draft one.

@AsadRM @Aislabie @DalePlaysSports

Attachments

• Screenshot (204).png
    Screenshot (204).png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread