Tennis thread

Fernando Gonzalez has stormed his way to the semis after. Nadal was given a taste of his own medicine, and himself was far from his best.

But Gonzalez played some of the best tennis ive ever seen. And Ive watched a lot of Sampras, Agassi, Roddick, Hewitt and Fedex.

Well done Gonzalez, he is one of my fav players. And Tommy Haas has beaten Davydenko, so a day of surprises in the mens.

Hingis bows out to Cljisters, and Sharapova through.

Mens Singles Semis

Roger Federer SUI (1) v Andy Roddick USA (6)
Tommy Haas GER (12) v Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10)

Womens Singles Semis

Maria Sharapova RUS (1) v Kim Clijsters BEL (4)
Serena Williams USA v Nicole Vaidisova CZE (10)

My picks in bold.

Im going for Roddick vs Gonzalez in the final and the latter to win. In the ladies Sharapova vs Vaidisova with the Russian going on to win!

Federer v Gonzales for me and Federer taking it out, I can't see him losing as he's been far too dominant so far in the open.

Klijsters and Williams also for me with probably Klijsters taking it out since it is her final year playing professional tennis.

Thats a shock seeing Nadal go but his aura has left him lately with the pack catching up to him. Hingis played well just fell apart in the end.

For me I'm going Federer v Gonzalez final and Sharapova v Williams.

kodos said:
Federer v Gonzales for me and Federer taking it out, I can't see him losing as he's been far too dominant so far in the open.

Klijsters and Williams also for me with probably Klijsters taking it out since it is her final year playing professional tennis.
Gonzalez imo has played the best tennis in this tournament so far. But yes Federer is more than capable of raising his game.

aussie1st said:
Thats a shock seeing Nadal go but his aura has left him lately with the pack catching up to him. Hingis played well just fell apart in the end.

For me I'm going Federer v Gonzalez final and Sharapova v Williams.
Nadal was hardly moving around as he usually does because of his injury. And Gonzalez did to Nadal what Nadal does to everyone else....overpowering the opponent.

Sharapova through in straight sets, thats the farewell for Klijsters last game in Aus :(
Williams also through so we got one good final installed for us.

Jeez guys it is Clijsters not Klijsters. ;)

And that Federer guys is not bad is he? Roddick got destroyed. Sharapova v Williams in the final of womens, you cannot pick a winner can you?

Absolutely fantastic Federer, his game was flawless tonight and Roddick had no hope. It was just so impressive to watch and he barely even raised a sweat while Roddick was sweating like a pig :p Really wanted some more fight by Roddick but obviously Federer was too good and too me will be too good for either Gonzalez or Haas in the final. Maybe Federer is really the Don Bradman of Tennis :D

Federer is just too bloody good. Can anyone truly stop him?

What would Haas and Gonzalez be thinking right now after watching the way federer destroyed roddick.

I'd be pretty owrried if I was either of them. They are just going to have to go out there with a nothing to lose type match whoever qualifies for the final

wolf said:
Jeez guys it is Clijsters not Klijsters. ;)

And that Federer guys is not bad is he? Roddick got destroyed. Sharapova v Williams in the final of womens, you cannot pick a winner can you?

Yea thought so I was just copying and pasting but it looked wrong.

No one can stop Federer unless it's the French open.
I think Sharapova for the women's final.

Williams absolutely smashed Sharapova 6-1 6-2 never seen such a quick final in awhile. Wonder if this is what Williams needs to become the best player again.

Gonzalez is the man who might just take a set against Roger .
He has a great serve and a superb forehand.

Class from Federer. He outlasted Gonzalez but Federer is just too good. Gonzalez really put on a good fight in the first set but couldn't hold his breaks for the other sets.

Users who are viewing this thread