TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
It's pretty decent actually , just need the sliders to control the ball speed and game speed , some weird animations needs to be sorted out , otherwise a solid 7/10 as in current state.

I played a match with my created character ovr 42 vs Ash Barty and she absolutely mauled me and I was judge manage to win 2 points in best of 3 game and then I selected Roger Federer and I absolutely smash her and she was unable to score a single point against me on a normal difficulty.

The attributes matters alot and game feel complete different because of this , just need the sliders as I mentioned above and some shot animations/positioning fix.
So 7/10 isn't too shabby, but I am sure you mean the geezer Rodger Federer?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's pretty decent actually , just need the sliders to control the ball speed and game speed , some weird animations needs to be sorted out , otherwise a solid 7/10 as in current state.

I played a match with my created character ovr 42 vs Ash Barty and she absolutely mauled me and I was judge manage to win 2 points in best of 3 game and then I selected Roger Federer and I absolutely smash her and she was unable to score a single point against me on a normal difficulty.

The attributes matters alot and game feel complete different because of this , just need the sliders as I mentioned above and some shot animations/positioning fix.
The only way you'll get sliders is if you play Big Ants other game in AO Tennis 2, even then I feel the sliders and difficulties still don't offer much realism for the sport as a whole.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The French Open is May 22. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new BA tennis game around then, probably TWT 3. I've never cared for the TWT series, so I'm hoping it'll be more like AO 2.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Would have been announced by now.I suspect they are done with tennis games.
Matchpoint tennis looks promising though.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
That would be a shame, but I not going to give up on them yet. French companies love tennis games, and I would have thought they would want a next-gen game in their line-up. If not now, then at some point.

Yes, Matchpoint Tennis does look promising.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'd say it'll likely be a merged game for the next entry, possibly a different name given they've got the rights to AO and RG.

TWT 2 definitely felt like they took over development late on. Given Cricket 22 only came out late last year and they have a new AFL game out later this year, I wouldn't expect to see a new tennis game until maybe before the next AO or RG 2023.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
If anyone is still playing this game, I have a question.
I think I've figured out how to serve (no thanks to the awful tutorial), but all my serves are low power. How do I increase the power of my serve?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
If anyone is still playing this game, I have a question.
I think I've figured out how to serve (no thanks to the awful tutorial), but all my serves are low power. How do I increase the power of my serve?
Isn't it just a matter of pressing the button at the top of the arc and then when it's on the ball. Serving to a specific area is a different question entirely almost impossible to serve an ace.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I've been spending more time with game recently, after dismissing it early on, and I'm really quite enjoying it. It's early days, so I've a long way to go before I get even half decent at it, but I'm enjoying the challenge.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I've been spending more time with game recently, after dismissing it early on, and I'm really quite enjoying it. It's early days, so I've a long way to go before I get even half decent at it, but I'm enjoying the challenge.
Just unfortunate both games by BA weren't supported long term. I imagine we'll potentially see a combined game with perhaps a new name come out next year given both AO and TWT came out in 2020.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just unfortunate both games by BA weren't supported long term. I imagine we'll potentially see a combined game with perhaps a new name come out next year given both AO and TWT came out in 2020.
I'd look forward to a combined AO and TWT game. I know that BA are working on Rugby, AFL and the next cricket game, but I hope that, now they are a bigger company under Nacon, a new tennis game is something that's also on the cards.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'd look forward to a combined AO and TWT game. I know that BA are working on Rugby, AFL and the next cricket game, but I hope that, now they are a bigger company under Nacon, a new tennis game is something that's also on the cards.
Would be quite strange if they wait until 2023 for another tennis entry, but given they are developing 3 other games at this time, it's hard to say if they have the resources to do 4.

Given the lack of support for the sequels for AO and TWT though, perhaps they went into development soon after TWT released for the next game. Only time will tell though.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Would be quite strange if they wait until 2023 for another tennis entry, but given they are developing 3 other games at this time, it's hard to say if they have the resources to do 4.

Given the lack of support for the sequels for AO and TWT though, perhaps they went into development soon after TWT released for the next game. Only time will tell though.
This article from April, gives me hope that BA will have the resources to do more games in parallel than before:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
This article from April, gives me hope that BA will have the resources to do more games in parallel than before:

Worlds largest sports game developer? I admire the ambition but unless backing comes from EA or 2K or an Aussie billionaire comes in and splashes the cash, they'll never reach those heights.

Seems like he's planning to be at that level inside the next 5 years... They'd need to outsell FIFA, whatever EA call their next football game, Madden, NBA 2K, WWE 2K and such to reach top level status. Good luck to him, he'll need it given their track record in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread