Problem: Terrible decision on review

gh2k

Club Cricketer
Played at a ball way outside the off stump and missed. Bounces off pad and is caught. Umpire calls out.

I review the decision... Didn't hear anything hitting the bat. Snicko says it just hit the pad. Hotspot says it just hit the pad. Slowmo shows the bat nowhere near it. No hawkeye for LBW (hitting way outside and obviously going to miss the stumps) so I expect the umpire to overturn it.

Gives it out anyway! I am very confident that this was the wrong call. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Played at a ball way outside the off stump and missed. Bounces off pad and is caught. Umpire calls out.

I review the decision... Didn't hear anything hitting the bat. Snicko says it just hit the pad. Hotspot says it just hit the pad. Slowmo shows the bat nowhere near it. No hawkeye for LBW (hitting way outside and obviously going to miss the stumps) so I expect the umpire to overturn it.

Gives it out anyway! I am very confident that this was the wrong call. Anyone else experienced anything like this?
Can happen as no one can be satisfied with DRS in real and virtual lives...:D
But as far as the decision is concerned its always better to post a screenshot or video to show the issue [if there is one]...

I had something like this except it was an LBW.
I am a left hander and it pitched short down the leg-side, the bounce fooled me and I missed. it hit my chest and they appealed. I was given out and there were no reviews so I had to walk. I am absolutely sure that I was not out.

Users who are viewing this thread