Test Match Tips and Killers.....And all Questions answered!

I can't believe they haven't sorted that out - it's such a basic thing! Oh well - it doesn't break the game, but it should've been sorted.

@Wealey: Great thread mate, reps in the post. :)

They do show the stats for current match for bowler, but it's in the pause menu :doh

It annoys me when the career figures come up all the time, instead of the match figures. It is such a simple thing that could have been taken care of. But it remains like a bad smell from AC09.

Test matches on hard are brilliant though, must be said. Still havent completed one, but am in the process of playing "the ashes" will post my scores in this thread.

Test matches on hard are brilliant though, must be said. Still havent completed one, but am in the process of playing "the ashes" will post my scores in this thread.

Looking forward to it.

I might finish my Test on normal first then get onto Hard. I might also edit all of the spinners in the game so that they become less effective. They seem to get wickets too easily for my liking.

I wish to god that Weely would clarify how to reduce the batsmen stats to get a decent AI batting performance in test matches.

Can anyone else confirm that this actually works?

Regards,

Desperate

Yes keep us updated mate!
wish to god that Weely would clarify how to reduce the batsmen stats to get a decent AI batting performance in test matches.

Can anyone else confirm that this actually works?

Regards,

Desperate

Rite just experiementing at the moment. Have adjusted the stats for the South African side. India in my previous match scored 326 and 283.

South Africa pre adjustment i rolled for 143.... post adjustment im in the windies on a 3 match series. After a quick start they fell to 93-4 at lunch.

Since then AB and Prince have taken it to 174-4.

Smith who i made the gunn player played greatfor 32then produced a cracker to get him LBW.

I tweaked the stats for Pakistan team.. problem is that after they get 'bold' confidence level they seem to smack the spinners everywhere. Although I can keep them relatively quiet using quick bowlers but they just keep whacking the spinners! And then they get out tamely mistiming drives/edges to WK.

Am I tweaking the stats wrong? I increased Judgement, Timing and Placement skill.

I tweaked the stats for Pakistan team.. problem is that after they get 'bold' confidence level they seem to smack the spinners everywhere. Although I can keep them relatively quiet using quick bowlers but they just keep whacking the spinners! And then they get out tamely mistiming drives/edges to WK.

Am I tweaking the stats wrong? I increased Judgement, Timing and Placement skill.

Give me example of the stats and the batsmen!

I have not had that problem, my spinners normally go at about 3/4 an over!

Tweaked the stas again last night and now it's quite liek the opposite scenario! Pakistan were 70/1 going to lunch and after that they folded out for 152, with Harbhajan and Mishra taking 4 and 3 wickets each. Only good thing were the fact that they did'nt ever tried to play that lofted cut-shot of full length deliveries. Also the few attacking shots they played were mostly 'genuine' attacking shots... much like any settled bastman will try once in a while in Test matches.
Need to do this Tweak & Test more. :)

Has anyone tried increasing the running speed for the fielders and see if that stops the easy single?

For now, I just don't take the easy single.

I think the reason the spinners are so effective is because there are more edges and since the wicketkeepers are (still) supermen, they can take the catches. One of the many animations that need to be looked at and attended to...

Users who are viewing this thread