Zim's Mega Test and ODI Patches (Xbox 360 only) Update July 2013

bigguy400

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can I just please pass on my thanks to Zim for the Xbox patch, I have now re-discovered the game after a 12 month absence and am enjoying the game again thanks to his hard work.

ThankYou!!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Funnily enough have been playing T20 with some squad updates to the teams - attached FYI

You would have to play as England if you want a challenge - hard to time when batting and spinners tougher to play against

If you want to play as another team, then use player editor and change your team to similar stats to England and change England to similar to other major teams

I have fun games with this roster - AI usually bats 20 overs (I bowl with no HUD though)

also latest fields if you are interested also :D

Attachments

• savegame.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • test and ODI fields v23.txt
    385.9 KB · Views: 13

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimrahil ive had 2 epic group matches with Pakistan using your new roster, im playing on hard difficulty with all HUD on...

The first game was against Scotland and i was put in to bat and ended up scoring 144/5 and i bowled scotland out for 131 in the 18th over. The AI at one stage were 98/8 but the tail enders started getting edges to the boundary i actually felt like i was in a real T20 match.

The second game was against the W.I again i was inserted in to bat and struggling i managed to get to 122/7 WI started carefully only going at 6-7rph but the main thing was i bowling tight to gayle when he skied one which i ended up dropping he went into beserk mode lol, got a few wickets by the 15th over WI were 90/6 so i bought on my pacers who got 2 quick wickets because spinners were getting hammered (something which needs to be looked at) by the 19th over WI needed 7 runs to win with 2 wickets left and i bowled a absolute ripper to ravi rampaul pitched on leg and swung in to hit off stump bloody EPIC i tell ya! i ended up winning the match by 2 runs.

But overall this roster update you did worked wonders and i cant wait to play by super 8 matches.

P.S - spinners tend to be smashed around even by tail enders even though im bowling a good length ball?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Have you altered stats for Pakistan to be similar to England when playing?

RE: spinners - biggest issue in game - always has been. Unfortunately you cannot alter stats for batsman against different types of bowlers - lower the stats to harder to hit spinners but then pace men get too many easy wickets.

I can only suggest boosting spinners stats for pakistan. If you play with HUD on, this will automatically make bowling easier than with playing with HUD off making AI less competitive.
A tip is too lower catching stats for Pakistan - this artifically makes AI more competive as more likely to drop catches. not realistic but its one of the ways to make AI competitive and having fun matches

If you play with HUD on and can always bowl in green areas then its all down to quality of delivery - I.e. you need perfect timing and AI should struggle more.
A tip for spinners I have is that about from 12-13th over onwards, best to bowl full length deliveries to batsmen with occasional good length delivery. This stops batsman coming down the wicket and smashing it everwhere and occasional good length ball keeps them honest. Bowling continual high quality deliveries makes a lot difference I find - even then spinners can be smashed but they can be competitive

enjoy super eights :D

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
After a few requests and seeing that no cricket game is due for immediate future I have quickly put together the following

• updated test and ODI roster
  • Updated ODI fields

updated test and ODI roster
I basically used cricinfo and updated all 8 main test teams to include players from recent ICC champions trophy

I also updated stats for the 8 main teams only

Updated ODI fields
I simply altered all the fields with 5 outfielders and changed them to 4 outfielders

NB
Roster designed to be played as England only

England have all catching stats set to minimum - this is purely arbitrary as I cannot stop all the endless chances the AI gives so to make AI more competitive I had to making all the chances harder to take

This has added knock on effect on getting more wickets by bowled and lbw (as hopefully not taking all the dolly catches)

England's batsman timing set really low, to again make batting slightly more of a challenge :rolleyes

I haven't done much testing!

Attachments

• test and ODI ICC trophy 2013 roster.zip
    211.5 KB · Views: 54
  • test and ODI fields 4 outfielders.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 16

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
thanks zimrahil for this, it will be good playing with this until AC13 comes out.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No probs - you want a version to play as Pakistan ?

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
yeah please do but in this version can you make all teams even.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
What do you mean -make stats for Pakistan (human team) with same stats as AI teams (so make timing stats same etc)

Also bear in mind only changed stats for 8 main teams - minor teams as per last update last year

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Here you go - all 8 main test teams with similar stats, regardless as to which team human controls

Have fun

Attachments

• savegame.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 31

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
thanks so much

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Zim bro any chance of a roster update until DBC14 comes out?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Probably wait until we know when dbc is releasing
If it's next year then might look at this !

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
zim since it looks like DBC14 might be releasing next year, would you have a look at a updated roster? :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread