The Alcohol Thread

I don't trust pre-mixed drinks, don't really dig the taste either.

I'd rather put my own cordial in my own vodka so I know exactly what I'm drinking :)

I'll drink pretty much anything except Becks.

To say it and my body don't go well together would be an understatement.

Yes. I can drink pretty much any lager (even Carlsberg) but Becks just doesn't react well with my body.

It makes me bloated and start sweating after 2-3 bottls. My face goes all red. I feel a bit like the fat guy from The Meaning of Life (Mr Creosote I think he's called)

Stella>>Kronenberg>>Grolsch>>Carling. The latter if money is tight.

I also like Red Wine, Pimms and Jack Daniels.

This weekend I had my first introduction to "smoked beer" (or rauchbier in German). It was quite delicious and tasted like smoked salmon.

Fosters is quite possiby the worst thing ever to come out of Australia. To be honest I haven't seen a bottle shop or pub that has Fosters anywhere here in quite some time though.

I've recently taken a shine to the new 'flavoured' beers. The various ones which include lemon/lime. I wouldn't drink them all the time but they aren't bad for a change.

Ah, I hate the alcohol market changing for people who can't define the obvious tastes that are there.

Been drinking a lot of Grosch recently as it has buy 8 get 2 free deal at the moment at the local shop. Thing is I now have 30 bottles of beer in my fridge so I can't actually keep food in my fridge anymore. Worth it though ;)

Bump..... had a new concoction by the "fine" company called Budweiser. They have a beer called "Bud Light Honey Wheat". Didn't taste half bad--kinda like a watered down Blue Moon.

Also, my beer belly is gaining some fine traction now.

How times have changed.

I seem to have joined the real ale brigade. About 20 years early, too.

Got to Uni. Started drinking. Such a cliche.

Disaronno or Vodka and Coke is my drink. Takes three triple vodkas and coke to get me drunk I've discovered.

Users who are viewing this thread