The Alcohol Thread

Beer and wine for me. Not a big liquor fan, overdid it in college and now the smell makes me nauseous.

Local beer: St Arnolds anything , Shiner, Ziegenbach

Import: Stella, Guinness, NewCastle, Dos Equis, Corona

420200815050PM_st-arnold.gif

Hate beer. Always have. Still do. Always will. Saying that, budweiser seems pretty sound although I've only had a sip so far.

B
Local beer: St Arnolds anything , Shiner, Ziegenbach

Import: Stella, Guinness, NewCastle, Dos Equis, Corona

As in Newcastle Brown?

Last time I drank that bad things happened in the early hours of the morning.

The evening after I was all but offered a threesome by complete strangers, that bit has nothing to do with the newcastle brown, but still, it was an interesting 24 hours or so.

First thing (And only thing) I ever tried was Midori.

Horrid stuff.

Oh dear Newcie Brown. That stuff does bad things to me as well :( (no 3somes though :p)

No threesomes here, I am somewhat respectable. I can remember the man saying "why are you so nervous? Relax man, relax"

I had every right to feel a little uneasy. My mates slinked off to the other side end of the bar and watched on transfixed.

I combined it with some Bishop's finger (best name for a beer ever, I think) which was horrendously cheap from Lidl. Worked out at about 1.15 a pint.

Bishops Finger: Shepherd Neame, Kentish Strong Ale

I was in Edinburgh at the time actually; for the festival.

Deuchar's IPA isn't bad. Although (naturally) I prefer Cain's.

They had Hobgoblin and Spitfire at equally silly prices, too. But I went for Bishops finger that day purely for the novelty of the name and bright pink label.

I wonder if my antics that week had anything to do with me not getting the grades for Edinburgh uni? I got the train home the day before A-level results, so it'd make sense if they saw that I had made the grades and thought "no way. We've just got rid of that nutter he isn't coming back in a month. Not on my watch" and bumped it down?

I was in Edinburgh at the time actually; for the festival.

Deuchar's IPA isn't bad. Although (naturally) I prefer Cain's.

They had Hobgoblin and Spitfire at equally silly prices, too. But I went for Bishops finger that day purely for the novelty of the name and bright pink label.

You have got to be kidding me :eek: Fecking Aberdeen and fecking Livingston for having nothing but Bucky and vodka :facepalm

Founder of St. Arnold's was a Rice grad, '87, IIRC. In fact, in 2 weekends he'll be hosting a beer tasting for young alumni at Rice homecoming. :cheers

sohum added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Newcastle Brown's good stuff. Anyone tried Mothership Wit by New Belgium (same guys who make Fat Tire). That stuff is tasty, too.

Never liked Fat tire for some reason. Sam Adams black lager is decent

Disaronno-Liqueur-lg.jpg.jpg

Wasted too much of my loan on this, it goes down dangerously quick!

Mixed with Coke and it just tastes like Pepsi. My drink of choice atm although, the last two bottles, I drank it straight.

Mixed with Coke and it just tastes like Pepsi. My drink of choice atm although, the last two bottles, I drank it straight.
Ugh. Straight amaretto tastes like sugar syrup... sickening. :eek:

sohum added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Never liked Fat tire for some reason. Sam Adams black lager is decent
Not a huge fan of the Fat either, but Mothership Wit is a wheat beer and delishus.

Users who are viewing this thread