The Ashes 2021/22

Marnus and Smith is a dangerous combo. Both love batting for long periods. England looking down the barrel here.

Every 5 years or so we have the top 3-4 batters in world. Currently in Tests it has to be Marnus, Root, Karunartnae & Kane Williamson. Absolutely phenomenal how consistent Marnus has been.

Every 5 years or so we have the top 3-4 batters in world. Currently in Tests it has to be Marnus, Root, Karunartnae & Kane Williamson. Absolutely phenomenal how consistent Marnus has been.
Karunaratne averages 25 in the last three years outside of Sri Lanka. Dom Sibley has a better overseas record.

Australia to bat until about half hour after tea tomorrow (or whatever its called in day night games). Put about 500 on the board with Marnus and Smith lighting up cigars and getting the deckchairs out at each end as our fast mediums run their legs into stumps in the heat.

Then they'll stick us in under the lights and suddenly the pitch will look like a minefield and we'll be 4/5 down by the close. Ashes over at that point.

Can we take a moment to appreciate that England are doing so badly that they've already sent the batting coach out to face the end-of-play media twice after days in the field

Question asked on Seven: "Will Stuart Broad inspire a headband generation?"

Me, who was wearing a headband yesterday (partially because exercise and partially because comic relief for sore friend) and was mortified to discover upon returning home Broad was wearing one too:

Merry Xmas Marnus :D

Dropped on 21, 95 & 103
Gone on 102 (NO BALL)

I JINXED HIM :(

Well that lasted two deliveries longer than I anticipated. England fans, it's a long night for you

Users who are viewing this thread