• Australia

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You're 17? Jeez mate I feel old. I'm 31. I'd love to face you myself. Never faced someone from 6'5 at 80 clicks.
I'm 21 now; I blew my knee out when I was seventeen and converted to off-spin.

If I were to strap my knee up and come in off my full run, I'd probably be at around 78 or 79 mph because I don't do the fitness work anymore.

Here's some footage of me from when I was fifteen if you're interested:

Also, if you watch my right knee in my delivery stride, you can see exactly the twisting motion that ruined it. Not one coach ever pointed out that it could pose an issue. That's again what I mean about poor management of bowlers.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm 21 now; I blew my knee out when I was seventeen and converted to off-spin.

If I were to strap my knee up and come in off my full run, I'd probably be at around 78 or 79 mph because I don't do the fitness work anymore.

Here's some footage of me from when I was fifteen if you're interested:

Also, if you watch my right knee in my delivery stride, you can see exactly the twisting motion that ruined it. Not one coach ever pointed out that it could pose an issue. That's again what I mean about poor management of bowlers.

Holy moly that was some fun to watch! Sorry about the injury mate. As a senior bloke I'd very strongly recommend you to keep playing mate. I left playing because of my usual chores for 5 years and it's something I regret to date.

Unfortunately, I have no footage to show you of some of my innings. In India, the tech side is a bit lacking. Also, we don't have speed guns at our club games so I have no clue how fast I've faced.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Holy moly that was some fun to watch! Sorry about the injury mate. As a senior bloke I'd very strongly recommend you to keep playing mate. I left playing because of my usual chores for 5 years and it's something I regret to date.

Unfortunately, I have no footage to show you of some of my innings. In India, the tech side is a bit lacking. Also, we don't have speed guns at our club games so I have no clue how fast I've faced.
I'm still playing - occasionally I even get paid to - it's just as an off-spinner rather than a seamer. I've also taught myself to bat a lot better than I ever did when the main focus of everything I did was being as good a quick bowler as I could be. But there's just more to life for me now, and I don't really enjoy league cricket very much: I enjoy hitting a ball and getting people out, but honestly... I could take or leave everything that comes with it now.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'm still playing - occasionally I even get paid to - it's just as an off-spinner rather than a seamer. I've also taught myself to bat a lot better than I ever did when the main focus of everything I did was being as good a quick bowler as I could be. But there's just more to life for me now, and I don't really enjoy league cricket very much: I enjoy hitting a ball and getting people out, but honestly... I could take or leave everything that comes with it now.

Kudos to you!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The mood here is quiet!
This section has been dead when compared to a couple of years ago. The old people have left, and most of the new people go to the Ashes Cricket / Cricket Games section

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This section has been dead when compared to a couple of years ago. The old people have left, and most of the new people go to the Ashes Cricket / Cricket Games section

That's a shame. Along with Indo-Pak which doesn't happen anymore, this is the greatest rivalry in cricket. I was watching the Ashes over the Ind-SL series.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also the lack of test cricket being played in the past couple days means there’s nothing new to talk about. Will pick up once the cricket starts again

D

Dutch

Do or die: England batting: have to put on 350 plus to have any chance of getting anything at the WACA.....as Root has said: now people have to stand up....its the batsmen who have not done their job....they need to put pressure on the Aussies....When winning the Aussies seem invincible: with pressure they will start to implode.....

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Do or die: England batting: have to put on 350 plus to have any chance of getting anything at the WACA.....as Root has said: now people have to stand up....its the batsmen who have not done their job....they need to put pressure on the Aussies....When winning the Aussies seem invincible: with pressure they will start to implode.....

350 is not enough. They need to get 450+, may be even 500+. England are not the best 2nd innings batters. Also, once you put totals like 500+ on the board you put the pressure on Oz to move the game forward which they love to do. It induces errors. I feel batting big is England's only chance left in this Ashes. I'm not one bit impressed with their selection though!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Bairstow is just so good with his hand eye co-ordination! He has minimal feet movement, but he backs a punch when he hits them. Also, he's a positive bloke who looks to get runs. Really should be batting 4 and at worst 5.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
massive partnership this. Malan looking impressive.

agree with kushal i love yjb and glad he's moved up but would see him higher happily.

anyone see the Vince dismissal? Note it was another caught behind but was it a typical Vince wicket?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think England would be happy to be around 270ish for the loss of 5 wickets at close of play. If they remain at 4, I see them reaching close to 290 which would be a terrific effort.

Users who are viewing this thread