Story The Ashes in the 90s

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A waft outside off stump , trade mark Gower , superb video , brought back lots of happy memories :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
holiday and the world cup have put quite a dent in my time on this, but still playing the 2nd test. currently on top after a really good afternoon session yesterday where i (particularly Gus Fraser) ran through the middle/lower order as I took 7 wickets in the session. i noticed the cross seam delivery was effective.

i often use this ball when bowling short, as i find when you get it right it comes on quicker to the batsman and is very good for getting mis-timed pulls in the mid-wicket area. but on a soft/slow pitch this isn't as effective, but when the cross seam ball was pitched up and quite straight, the one that came on worked well, getting me 2 bowleds and an lbw.

into the final session of day 2, Aussies have 1 wicket left and about 100 behind.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Then you've got to tell us your slider settings for test matches cos it looks like you've found gameplay enlightenment.

I don’t touch the physics. I play on veteran, medium batting and bowling except I reduce batting timing difficulty by 2 (to 48) and foot placement by 1 (to 49).

D

Deleted member 46200

I don’t touch the physics. I play on veteran, medium batting and bowling except I reduce batting timing difficulty by 2 (to 48) and foot placement by 1 (to 49).
Sorry, what's the effect of reducing the batting timing (maybe obvious) is it less edges... ?

Plus, an Englishman being reminded of how England were in the 90s... Stickler for punishment... I used to watch ice-cream melt slower than the Poms batted at the WACA.

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Sorry, what's the effect of reducing the batting timing (maybe obvious) is it less edges... ?

Plus, an Englishman being reminded of how England were in the 90s... Stickler for punishment... I used to watch ice-cream melt slower than the Poms batted at the WACA.

I remember in the 70's that brilliant female fast bowler Lillian Thompson, used to tear us apart!................surely reducing the batting time makes the window a tiny bit bigger so more chance of hitting it cleanly?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Makes it easier...

I think specifically it reduces the effect of poor timing on whether you edge it, or maybe just a larger timing window, not sure.

Still find batting tough, and still edge it, but I’m competitive at least.

Scored 325 thanks to big partnership between Gower and Smith but others mostly struggled.

Yes we were absolutely crap throughout the 90s. Thought you’d be too young to remember that.

Users who are viewing this thread