The Ashes

Ern

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone think Austalia can't beat England in 2005, should be a good contest with England with the better bowlers "Harmison and Flintoff", and the Aussie batting just having the edge.

Methinks the first match at Headingly, and if anyone knows it, favours the bowlers,I think makes England slight favourites for the ashes. :cheer

Australia have better bowlers. Mcgrah, Warne, Gillespi nuff said

Australia are still favourites in my mind (unfortunately!), but if Giles continues to bowl well and Jones can stay fit, we could well have a bowling unit to beat the Aussies. Just aslong as the batting doesn't collapse................ :upray

Ern said:
hmmm How old is Mc Grath?.
Does it really matter how old Mcgrath is right now when the Ashes is going to be played just next year? You asked that question as if you were talking about the Ashes series that will be held 3-4 years down the line. McGrath has been bowling very well and by the time the Ashes comes he will have played enough matches in the season and will be more devastating. mcGrath still remains a very very potent force backed up by real class trio of gillespie, kasper and lee.

and of course add to it a bowler who by then would be nearing 600 test wickets...and of course all the lead that's filled in the shoes of most of the english batsmen...i think McGrath was right when he said that looking at england's latest performances Australia would win the Ashes 3-0 and that he was giving credit to the english team in saying that...:)

Gillespie: career average of around 25
McGrath: career average of around 21 or 22
Warne: career average of around 25
Kasprowicz: 2004 average of around 23

i think we have a better bowling lineup

Have to say that if Australia perform, then they will win, but a dodgy session here and there, and if we perform ourselves then you never know, but there is no doubt that Australia will start as favourites, regardless of how England perform in South Africa. Which at the moment isn't too bad, but not thrilling.

They havn't got a Ashes match at Headingley?! Mind you, we havn't got the best record there in the last few years. India and South Africa spring to mind............

no doubt eng have a chnce but its a small one. Aus are just too good forany team-home or away. Brett lee's on the sidelines. If he were english, he'd be opening the bowling. Come to think of it...hed open the bowling for any side in the world bar aus 1st XI.

Another thing, aus were recently 75-5 or something like that and made 380+, id love to see and english side achieve that.

As much as i want eng to win the ashes, i just dont think it's gonna be happening any time soon.

a lot of time left for the start of the series , so just wait guys!
A lot of stuff can happen before that

England have got absolutely no chance in hell. They think they're the best team ever cos they're on a winning streak. Lets look at who they've beaten.

Windies: Gee, tough challenge there [/sarcasm]
NZ: After what we (Australia) did to them, they hardly count.
SA: Hardly the best team in the world ATM.

THATS IT! Hardly any opposition u can play against and then say your good enough to even CHALLENGE Australia.

I am tired of people supporting aus.watching aus win every single test match make me puke and i am tired and sick of and i want england to win the ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread