Story The Australian Challenge|3rd Test Match|Blake, give us your lineup!

Hope there's not a social group for this, because I couldn't be bothered. Just going to post my team here.

1. Shaun Marsh
2. David Warner
3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Michael Hussey
5. George Bailey
6. Moises Henriques (4)
7. Steven Smith (5)
8. Matthew Wade (+)
9. Dale Steyn (2)
10. Ben Hilfenhaus (3)
11. Peter Siddle (1)

Liking the looks of my team. We have a strong bowling front with the likes of Dale Steyn, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and then we have Moises Henriques and Steven Smith providing handy backup support for them.

Shaun Marsh and David Warner are two competent opening batsman, who are my domestic players as well - and then we have Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey to follow up, and finally Tasmanian George Bailey rounding off the lineup. Have chosen Matthew Wade as my wicketkeeper, he is Under 23 so I feel he adds good value to the squad and was a very handy pick, hopefully he can do well batting number 8. Just a few runs from him would be nice.

Expecting a strong showing from my squad, will be interesting to see who Oli puts on the park. A bit disappointed not to get David Hussey, Oli got him with a smart pick - I assumed that he would've played at least one test match but I was proven wrong by Cricinfo.

Nice line up there.

And yes, despite having scored over 10,000 FC runs @ 55 he is yet to wear the baggy green. Makes you wonder. :facepalm

Rightb, well I had a line up for the first test already made out, but I guess if we're having a 4 day warm up I might try out something different.

1. Usman Khawaja
2. Phil Hughes
3. Michael Clarke (c)
4. Brad Hodge
5. David Hussey
6. Chris Hartley (WK)
7. Mitchell Johnson
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Brett Geeves
10. Dirk Nannes
11. Ben Cutting

A nice combo of youth up top for me, then a solid number 3 and the skipper Michael Clarke coming in at first drop. Then the run machine, Brad Hodge at 4 hoping to score even more runs and maybe one last push for the aus selectors. Then another run machine at 5 in Dussey, waddaplayer! Chris Hartley slightly inexperienced just hoping he can provide a few as down below him are two very capable batsmen in Johnson and Vettori. The bowling unit looks set to fire with the extreme pace of Johnson and Nannes, Ben Cutting is bright young spark , Geeves brinsgs the looks to the team along with pup and Vettori adds the spin option. Good looking side, might make a few changes for the real Test Series though.

Holdenator will win, because he has god opening the batting for his side, Phillip Hughes.

No social groups, I too despise them :D

And due to my silliness, and lack of experience with Cricsim you're both going to have to drop one Australian International from your squads. Because you can only have 15 players, not 16 like I thought.

@ Ollie - Why is Johnson batting ahead of Vettori???
Vettori is a proven international all-rounder, while Johnson is a lot more of a bowler...

@ Gazza - Here is the latest version of cricksim, it can hold 18 man teams:
Syedur Rahman's Cricket Simulator

OMFG ILYSFM CAllUM :D

That's gold :D In that case, you guys need to add two more players. I say, one more U-23, and another overseas player. Chances are you won't play half the people anyway :|

For player averages, do I just put in their FC batting and bowling averages?

I'm confused by Cricsim :|

Help?

Last edited:
Let it be 16 Gazzy boy.
For last two players just don't enter the names and leave them blank.
For batting average enter 1 and rest all blank.
Like that way,make 2 dummy players for each of the team.
How many players does IPL has,ah?:p

OMFG ILYSFM CAllUM :D

That's gold :D In that case, you guys need to add two more players. I say, one more U-23, and another overseas player. Chances are you won't play half the people anyway :|

For player averages, do I just put in their FC batting and bowling averages?

I'm confused by Cricsim :|

Help?

If you want but it might not work, for example if someone has played 1 or 2 FC games and averages 11 with the ball compared to someone like Steyn who averages 24 or something, you jut need to find your own method like I have for the TTPL. ;)

Yeah, is what I do is rate every player out of 10...
Then transfer that rating out of 10, into an average.
In the end most of the averages end up similar to their career averages, but it cancels out those guys who have only played a few games.

It was actually biggy who told me about the 18 man cricksim, I have 16 man teams for NZPL, and had to ask biggy how he gets 18 man squads for TTPL, as I originally only has the 15 man cricksim.
And just have two dummy players, for the remaining two players in the squads.

Will do :D More than 16 is too many......

And I'm putting in the players FC averages, so most of them wil probably be pretty average....

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

My laptop's stuffed, and so's my internet so it might take a while to get this started.

Users who are viewing this thread