The Best Finisher ever?

The best finisher has to be Murali, finishes the game after his first ball. If he's a bit up the order he makes sure he runs out all his partners before doing the magic himself.

Bevan. Chris Harris was a good one for us, he's usually good at getting a side home.

At the moment: Hussey for Australia, Dhoni for India.

The best finisher has to be Murali, finishes the game after his first ball. If he's a bit up the order he makes sure he runs out all his partners before doing the magic himself.

LoL nice one there cant stop laughing but its true. I think MS.Dhoni is a great finisher.

I might get criticized for this but Michael Clarke is a great finisher. Coming in countless times at 4/5 he if we are 3/30 or something he has played some steady innings before blasting boundary's with well timed shots towards the end to end up with 70/80 off about 70 or 80 balls and rescue us. He's not the best ever, but he is certainly very very good.

This isn't really about best rescuers. It's who can get the side home in tight run chases. Can't say I agree with Clarke. I've seen Hussey do it on a number of occasions for Australia.

Yes, I know but we wouldn't be able to get the runs if it wasn't for Clarke in some matches. He may not stay to the end but he gets us within a whisker which leaves the following batsmen a fairly easy task.

Yeah, not Bevan. Great when the chips were down, but jeez he looked like he played for his average a lot of the time.

I'd say Zulu would be up there. As of a couple of years ago, Hussey was as good at finishing an innings as anyone.

I reckon Bevan was overrated as a cricketer, largely due to a couple of fantastic innings and a ridiculous amount of not outs.

Out of Bevan's 232 ODI's innings,Australia have won 155 matches where Bevan has scored 65 percent of his career runs with an average of 66.
Bevan has scored 6 centuries and on 5 occasions Australia won.Also out of his 46 half centuries 32 times Australia have won the match.
So thats easily prove him one of the best match winner player plus He has scored all his centuries and half centuries after 4th down and that makes him good finisher.
Regarding to his not outs,53 times he remained not out when Australia won but at a same time his 25 not outs were in 2nd innings.So laterally He has finished those 25 matches and remained not out.

You can still argue that He was not a Best finisher ever what thread is all about but ''He was just overrated'' is unacceptable.

Bevan is really legendary in finishing.Presently I'll go for MSD.Although an all geared up Yuvi too is a great finisher.

yes
you havent been watching cricket for that long have you,
you forgotten that karachi odi?
or those run chases in the 4-2 win in india?

Lee, for the last time, no-one cares about Droylsden apart from you ;)

Also, Pietersen bats at 4, he's a hardly a finisher, and he's not exactly got an amazing track record at finishing. He does have a good record in wins when England field first though. He averages 84 in these ocassions, with 1 hundred and 5 fifties, with 8 Not Outs from the 17 innings he's played. He's got nothing on Bevan though tbh, Bevan's record is unbelievable.

Lee, for the last time, no-one cares about Droylsden apart from you ;)

Also, Pietersen bats at 4, he's a hardly a finisher, and he's not exactly got an amazing track record at finishing. He does have a good record in wins when England field first though. He averages 84 in these ocassions, with 1 hundred and 5 fifties, with 8 Not Outs from the 17 innings he's played. He's got nothing on Bevan though tbh, Bevan's record is unbelievable.

I know, but im in too gooder mood to care :p.

Bevan is amazing, but I think even though he is good at wins, he has the power to be a finisher.

Users who are viewing this thread