The Best of 2010.

He is the second highest run scorer of the year and has the highest number of 50+ innings. ;)

TBH, it wasn't his year, there were better players with better performances than him and thus he is neglected.

He is the second highest run scorer of the year and has the highest number of 50+ innings.

And as I said those I mentioned played better than him, not sure why having the highest number of 50s is a good thing either.

TBH, it wasn't his year, there were better players with better performances than him and thus he is neglected.
I don't wish to create a fuss about it, but can you mention the players who performed better than him and in what sense?

----------

And as I said those I mentioned played better than him, not sure why having the highest number of 50s is a good thing either.
Consistency?

Plus he had a very average series vs Australia and is having a horrid time in South Africa. Overrated, tbh.

and he was good only against average teams, just like Shravi said he had a torrid time against Australia and South Africa.

Here is something I found on Cricinfo.

Sehwag is the second highest run scorer of the year, has an impressive average of 62 and has scored the runs with a SR of 91. Has five centuries in the year, only Kallis and Sachin have more than 5 tons this year. Sehwag has 8 fifties, the most by a batsman this year (he shares this record with Watson). The total of his 50+ scores becomes 13 (5 centuries and 8 half centuries), the highest by any batsman this year.

Agreed that most of the matches were on flat wickets, but none was against a weak side.

Every player has some difficulty and because of Sehwag technique(or lack of) he is prone to get out early on difficult conditions.

Seeing India plays most of their cricket in sub continent, i think he has been the major reason why India has won many matches, some which India might not have won without him, Like the 2008 test against Eng. He sets up the game.. he has scored all those runs batting at no.1 when its difficult out there and at a very good s/r.

Maybe, a matter of form?

a matter of technique. He is a lack of foot movement FTB. That kind of slog Twenty20 BS cricket does not fly on real Test pitch

Last edited by a moderator:
a matter of technique. He is a lack of foot movement FTB. That kind of slog Twenty20 BS cricket does not fly on real Test pitch

It works for him more in test cricket than in T20s/ODIs.

A bit harsh tbh. He has excelled in places like Australia.

Sehwag is a match winner. He has proven it time and again. Everyone who follows and understands cricket knows that he is not a technically correct player but at the end of day its the amount of runs he gets that matters. I know he fails in bowler friendly condition but so does any batsman. I think any team would love to have a batsman of his class as an opener.

I think we were discussing abour his performances this year and not his technical flaws or whether he is a FTB or not.

The other thread have the same topic.

I think we were discussing abour his performances this year and not his technical flaws or whether he is a FTB or not.
That's the problem. People will discuss only the flaws, not the positives.

Coming back to this year's performances, I believe he has done better than any other batsman. Sehwag, in most of the cases was the one who set up the match for India, making it easy for the middle and the lower middle order of the side.

And in addition, he was the one who kept the run-rate going, in both the formats.

Users who are viewing this thread