The BLIC 07 Online 'I Fancy A Game Now Thread'

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seeing as the chat box is no more, thought it might be a good idea to start a thread that people can post in if they fancy a quick online game of the rubbish but only online cricket game.

So, anyone fancy a 20 over game against me? :rolleyes:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well my internet speed is lower than the minimum requirement (so possibly wouldn't work at all) and I haven't played the game in ages, but I'll give you a game if I'm ever on at the same time as you.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Well, im back for a while if anyone fancies a game.

Edit,

In fact, if anyone is interested in some games, please send me a pm and maybe we can arrange a meet up time. Ideally for me it would be around this time.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Thought this'd be the right thread to gloat.

Just had a game against Sim, will just say 2 things. England > South Africa and Strauss' hat-trick ftw. :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not batting like that you won't :p I thought i'd be nice by giving Straussy an over, let you get a few runs, give you a chance, but you just self destructed, part-timers ftw. I'll open with Strauss in our next game ;)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I shall be ready for it ;)

Just give me a messege and I'll be on.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Dan! I am, you're not accepting lol!

Simbazz added 32 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Update - Dan made 139 with England, top scorer Collingwood with 59*. Kaneria took a hattrick with the last three balls of the match.

Now my turn.

Simbazz added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Horrid decisions by the umps to give Afridi out stumped. He was in by miles. 14-4 (2)

Simbazz added 19 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Update - 13 runs needed, 2 wickets needed. Close call.

Simbazz added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Update - I've won, 140-8 chasing 139 AO. Y Khan did it for us with a magical 78*, careful and collected. I love winning.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What a match that was. Definitely the best online match I've ever had. Thought I had ya when you were 14-4, was bowling well and you were getting yourself out. I dropped Younus Khan 3 times, twice at the start of his innings and and then one just after he reached 50, if I'd have clung onto one of those chances it could have been a different story.

Well played fella, another game?

One further thing. What this game may lack in Single player playability it makes up in the online arena. Me and Si have had 2 pretty awesome matches, I actually really enjoyed the 2nd one, even though I ended up losing. It's really a matter of outthinking the opposition, Si had me done with Mohammed Asif, using the Yorker special delivery, bowled a double wicket maiden, getting both Pietersen and Bopara, and that was one of the key turning points in the game. On Single Player it's very easy to work a player over, get their confidence down to zero and then bowl a yorker at them and get them out, online it's far more difficult. I even struggled to bowl to Kaneria at the end of our 2nd game, although I pressed what I thought would be the Yorker special button and it turned out to be the bouncer, which was hit for four annoyingly. Really fun game online, and I'm sure me and Si will be having a fair few more games online, anyone else up for a few games?

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'm definately around for more, best bet Dan, add me on msn, Simbazz (AT) Hotmail.com :)

It'll be easier to arrange a few then.

Simbazz added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

REMATCH! NZ vs. Sri Lanka (me)

I'll keep folk updated.

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Toss won by Dan and he had a bowl. Time to make a nice big score :D

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

0.3 Dan gets his first wicket, LBW Tharanga (0) 6-1

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

1.2 second wicket down, Jayawardene for 12 (4) 21-2. Sanga in.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

2.1 Sanga gone for 7 (4). Atapattu in 30-3

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
This is only a 6 over game as well btw, got dinner in a few mins (Y).

Can you stop hitting it through the onside as well please? :D

Jayasuriya gone as well :D 2 wickets in the over.

Users who are viewing this thread