The buildup

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This tournament will be fun. Just enjoy the spectacle.

I would have loved to see India play in their light blues in this tournament. This darker shade does not feel like an Indian colour to me. I would love them to use the 2003 World Cup kits in ICC events. That was great.

I agree with that. The light blue thing fits India so well. It doesnt feel great to see India in a darker shade, especially the current dark blue.

Yeah, this tournament after a long time should really fulfill the apetite. Hope all the games are exciting with charged up atmosphere. Cricket deserves a super and successful tournament.

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am alone in not giving the slightest toss who does what in the Champions Trophy? It's a waste of time, scrap it now.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Winner:- South Africa
Runner-up:-Australia
The big flop:-India
Top run scorer:-J.P.Duminy
Top wicket taker:-Shane Bond
Best All-rounder:-Roelof van der Merwe
Surprise package:-New Zealand/England

England, New Zealand and West indies can't be flops,there is nothing expected of them.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Can the South African members here tell us whether there is any buzz about this event in SA (Joburg) or has it been totally overshadowed by next year`s FIFA World Cup? Can we expect big crowds for this event like we saw during the 2003 WC?
I can't say there is a huge buzz but I guess with the recent successes of our rugby team, the confedarations cup and all the cricket we had at the beginning of the year, It has taken a back seat.
It took about 4 hours for the semi final tickets for the IPL to sellout, but for the Champions trophy it took at least 2 days.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Winner:- South Africa
Runner-up:-Australia
Top run scorer:-AB De Villers
Top wicket taker:-Brett Lee
Best All-rounder:-Roelof van der Merwe
Surprise package:-New Zealand

Dong

Club Cricketer
Winner-Pakistan
Runners up-Sri Lanka
Top runs scorer-T.M Dilshan
Highest wicket taker-Mendis/Bret Lee
Surprise package-New Zealand
THE BIG FLOP-South Africa

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Interesting... People here think India dont have it in them to go to the final or all the way. How nice would it be for these guys to be proved wrong!! One guy predicts Sachin Tendulkar to be the biggest flop. And he calls himself a fan of Sachin. Better you had not included that you're his fan. Sachin fans dont predict him to flop.

The thing is, I am his fan & not the blind fan. Truth can be hard to hear, but we have to accept it. I told you, India will be biggest disappointment & Sachin won't get heroic runs. First step has been right, & just 2 more steps remaining to prove me right! Somehow I can jinx Sachin :D If Sachin gets big against Aussies, we will win else we will loose.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Those that put SA as the big flop are spot on. Surprise - England and maybe NZ if they move through.

Highlander999

ICC President
The thing is, I am his fan & not the blind fan. Truth can be hard to hear, but we have to accept it. I told you, India will be biggest disappointment & Sachin won't get heroic runs. First step has been right, & just 2 more steps remaining to prove me right! Somehow I can jinx Sachin :D If Sachin gets big against Aussies, we will win else we will loose.

Think we can all assume now that Suren knows his Indian cricket ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I want SA to win :crying Despite Smith's brilliance, they have been knocked out. Fortune is not favoring SA everytime, hope they get that big day they wanted soon.

surendar added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

hehe, may be not. But for sure, I know about the legendary bowlers ( in particular, RP Singh :p ) and Sachin. :D

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I want SA to win :crying Despite Smith's brilliance, they have been knocked out. Fortune is not favoring SA everytime, hope they get that big day they wanted soon.

Suren, this sure sounds like double standards. When SA get knocked out in round 1 and have conceded 300+ totals in 2 out of their 3 games, you say it is just bat luck and they had a full strength squad at their disposal. When I pointed out yesterday that India were badly missing 3 key players, you said this was just a lame excuse.

The point is you seem to be blindly bashing the Indian side and even went to the extent of commenting that they were`nt committed enough in this tournament.
I agree that our bowling is a bit thin at the moment but you`ve got to acknowledge the injury factor.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Suren, this sure sounds like double standards. When SA get knocked out in round 1 and have conceded 300+ totals in 2 out of their 3 games, you say it is just bat luck and they had a full strength squad at their disposal. When I pointed out yesterday that India were badly missing 3 key players, you said this was just a lame excuse.

The point is you seem to be blindly bashing the Indian side and even went to the extent of commenting that they were`nt committed enough in this tournament.
I agree that our bowling is a bit thin at the moment but you`ve got to acknowledge the injury factor.

Very bad that SA got knocked out. :( They deserved to win a huge for long time in the sense, I meant from 1999 WC. Their side is clearly better but unfortunately, they don't have luck as well.

And regarding Indian side, Yes its true that they don't have enough commitment. The commitment( India @ CB series ) >>> commitment( India @ CT 2009 ). This shouldn't be the case when it's coming to bigger tournaments. Bowling is bit thin at the major tournaments? Just because there is no Zaheer Khan, we should take the useless players in the tours? We can gamble with new bowlers instead of rusty/worthless bowlers.

As if they would have won against Aussies :laugh I don't understand why so many excuses turn up. Should be brave enough to accept the defeat and downfall.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Whats the use? You will continue lamenting on the new bowlers too. SA played badly despite being favorites. Inspite of that, they deserve everything good on this planet. India miss three key players and give pretty much the same runs, and we dont have commitment. The difference in the CB series was SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR. And at that time, we had Ishant entering with a bang and bowling at his peak, Zaheer I guess was also there (though not sure), Praveen Kumar was also succeeding surprisingly and everything was running well. Now they have hit a rough patch (understandably as every team goes through it).

What Dhoni said was right.... When the match was cancelled that too without India batting, why should he damn accept defeat and all those nonsense? Stop blabbering man..

saisrini80 added 4 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

He knows only to diss Indian cricket. The guy who loves seeing only at the negative things and keeps annoying people with his negative talk.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Whats the use? You will continue lamenting on the new bowlers too. SA played badly despite being favorites. Inspite of that, they deserve everything good on this planet. India miss three key players and give pretty much the same runs, and we dont have commitment. The difference in the CB series was SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR. And at that time, we had Ishant entering with a bang and bowling at his peak, Zaheer I guess was also there (though not sure), Praveen Kumar was also succeeding surprisingly and everything was running well. Now they have hit a rough patch (understandably as every team goes through it).

What Dhoni said was right.... When the match was cancelled that too without India batting, why should he damn accept defeat and all those nonsense? Stop blabbering man..

Against Pakistan, the things didn't go beyond our hands. And in the first innings, where Aussies were smashing the bowlers, things didn't go beyond our hands. It was all in the control, only thing which we should be happy is, " The Rain ". When we didn't utilize the rusty Pakistan bowling attack to chase 300 runs, the probability of chasing 310-320 runs against Aussies is almost NIL.

After rain, if the match has continued, then I agree that we had good chances because target was around 166 in 20 overs which was very much possible. In whatever angle we look at it, rain actually saved us.

Also the fact is, We are having horrible Champions Trophy 3rd time in a row. Last time in India, the same miserable performance. That time it was Munaf/Pathan/Agarkar and now it is the entire bowling lineup. :readit

CT 2006 - Our bowling was horrible.
WC2007 - bravo Agarkar! Our bowling remained worst to an extent that we struggled to make Bermuda ALL OUT. :laugh
CT2009 - Our bowling is still horrible

So you mean to say that our bowling will never rise up from ashes? :sarcasm These major tournaments counts to great extent.

He knows only to diss Indian cricket. The guy who loves seeing only at the negative things and keeps annoying people with his negative talk.

The positive talk about the bowlers could only be the things which they do off the ground. I did come across somewhere that all are nice chaps in normal life. Sriram, Ramesh and Balaji are very nice gentlemen which I realized during Sriram's marriage some years back.

I never spoke negative about batsmen. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread