The Commentating Team

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rubbish. I don't think he said anything wrong out there.

Birds are birds and cockroaches are cockroaches. Whats wrong in that ?
And how can this be racist ? Plus, Haroon Lorgat has no business in the pre and post match shows being hosted by numerous television channels. If he could not kick out Salman Butt, I don't see how he can kick out Navjot Sidhu off the commentary team.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Actually it was like 'It is true that both birds and cockroaches fly, but one has to bear in mind that the cockroaches are not birds'.
He was referring to their ability to fly. Wonder if they had a 3-way with the Kiwis out there :p

P

pcfan123

Shastri is so tweaking annoying. It's like he learned 40 English catch phrases and just repeats them like a parrot.

He kept saying "it's pin drop silence around the ground" in the last over of the India SA came when the crowd was going nuts.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Shastri is so cricketing annoying. It's like he learned 40 English catch phrases and just repeats them like a parrot.

He kept saying "it's pin drop silence around the ground" in the last over of the India SA came when the crowd was going nuts.

Sunny is the best Indian commentator imo.

Ganguly has been really good so far. The only thing he lacks is a powerful and passionate voice. He can't really hold an audience even when he does make very valuable points with such a seemingly blas? attitude. He's also still learning the tricks of the trade. For example, he makes all his good points on the 5th and 6th balls of the over (when they should be made at the beginning of the over).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have really liked Ganguly's comments. Is this his first stint as a commentator for an international tournament? He did the pitch report yesterday and he lacked confidence and looked like he was forced to do it. Apart from that, when he is commentating in the box, his thoughts and his analysis are very good. I guess as he grows in the job, he should become a lot more better. Shastri has not been as entertaining as before. He used to be really good too, but he has become monotonous. Shouts at the top of his voice which is annoying. Sunny is better!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ganguly has been really good so far. The only thing he lacks is a powerful and passionate voice. He can't really hold an audience even when he does make very valuable points with such a seemingly blas? attitude.

I have really liked Ganguly's comments. Is this his first stint as a commentator for an international tournament? He did the pitch report yesterday and he lacked confidence and looked like he was forced to do it.

Give him a few more tournaments, will get used to facing the camera often. It normally happens when ex-cricketers turn to the commentary box for the first time. He can and will be a good commentator in the future.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I actually dont mind either Ganguly or Gavaskar, but Shastri really is getting quite annoying along with Manjrekar I reckon.

----------

Also who is that Alan Wilikins guy?? Did he even play cricket?? He could do with getting the boot as well. He only seems to do sub-continent games.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Alan Wilkins has been with ESS since their inception. Has played a bit of cricket in South Africa, I reckon. They won't kick him out - seeing as Managing Directors don't get booted out easily.

ferg512

International Coach
Oh ok, hes quite annoying though just another cheerleader although not as bad as Mark Nicholas

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Alan Wilkins has been with ESS since their inception. Has played a bit of cricket in South Africa, I reckon. They won't kick him out - seeing as Managing Directors don't get booted out easily.

He has played county cricket for Glamorgan.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Sunny is the best Indian commentator imo.

Then i suppose you are yet to see the Indians play the Aussies bro . He is easily the worst Indian commentator , that biased he's towards India and that rude he's in criticizing the Australians .

PrimeOdysseus

School Cricketer
Ganguly has been good so far. But Pommie Mbangwa has been my favorite commentator :)

Users who are viewing this thread