The Future Of TAOC

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
This is good news. If you guys need any help regarding some things I can help. For example, instead of an in-game player editor, I can help you guys by making an outside gameplay editor on a roster file much like the one colin made for cricket 07.

coolz_hari

International Coach
This is good news. If you guys need any help regarding some things I can help. For example, instead of an in-game player editor, I can help you guys by making an outside gameplay editor on a roster file much like the one colin made for cricket 07.

you are 1000 % capable of doing that.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
LM / JK, I just had a thought. If its the AI taking too much time and a frustration / reluctant attitude has set in, why not shift the immediate focus on online play?

From what I've heard, online play involves transmission of coordinates of various objects / and the forces acting on them etc. over the internet. If this is true or something similar, it must be able to get completed much sooner than the AI?

I know this is a hugely detracting thing, but then if we have a multiplayer game with decent ball physics etc. we can always wait for AI play in the game. I mean, we'll have the game engine, the graphics part, etc. all under the testing hood, and while AI is being worked on in the background, these things can be fine tuned aswell.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I can say that the releasing of Ashes Cricket 2009 has decreased the chances of TAOC being released for sure.
what !! competition ?? where did that come from ?? and on what grounds ?? TAOC does not have a producer or a distributor waiting in-line.
the awareness is negligible as compared to ashes cricket 2009.
i doubt if people outside cricketing forums on the internet have even heard
of a game called TAOC.

heck, i myself dont even know if it'll be released.

if i posted something like this for cricket life or cricket revolution...then your post is justified.

yes, calling it a garbage based on a 5 min vid is definitely harsh...i apologize for that but go through my review and point out one thing that you found unreasonable !

if i was posting only to criticize it...i wouldnt have praised the graphics and fielding anims.

and i never mentioned a word about the slog fest....my review was on the anims,loopyness and presentation....!

This is what has caused me to say that. He isn't sure even if it will release or not. I won't care that much about Ashes being canceled as much as about TAOC being canceled. I know Ashes got good graphics but TAOC has those stuff that we have always wanted. Let's hope Jk was just kidding about that lol.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
LM / JK, I just had a thought. If its the AI taking too much time and a frustration / reluctant attitude has set in, why not shift the immediate focus on online play?

From what I've heard, online play involves transmission of coordinates of various objects / and the forces acting on them etc. over the internet. If this is true or something similar, it must be able to get completed much sooner than the AI?

I know this is a hugely detracting thing, but then if we have a multiplayer game with decent ball physics etc. we can always wait for AI play in the game. I mean, we'll have the game engine, the graphics part, etc. all under the testing hood, and while AI is being worked on in the background, these things can be fine tuned aswell.

its the basics yaar. batting is around 85% complete...bowling around 50%..
fielding around 25%.we cannot do even an online play without each of them reaching
atleast 90%!

batting and bowling from my side is almost over. its upto LM to take it through to the end.

the only major and difficult part for me is the fielding and wicky anims.
once thats over...then its a HUGE load off my shoulders.

LM will be returning soon while am finishing off a lot of pending stuff so that it doesnt bite in the rear end later on.

jkartik added 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Well, I can say that the releasing of Ashes Cricket 2009 has decreased the chances of TAOC being released for sure.

This is what has caused me to say that. He isn't sure even if it will release or not. I won't care that much about Ashes being canceled as much as about TAOC being canceled. I know Ashes got good graphics but TAOC has those stuff that we have always wanted. Let's hope Jk was just kidding about that lol.

yeah right...Ashes Cricket 2009's release will have a huge impact on TAOC sales.:rolleyes:

i doubt people will think too much before downloading a FREE game.
(provided they have dial-up or bandwidth issues).

i wasnt sure if this will release during october 2005.....am still unsure
if it'll release May 2009. there....i cannot put it more precisely.

remember, expectations lead to disappointment !

Last edited:

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
i am not giving much emphasis upon ashes cricket but more on TAOC(because of my personal reason)....

Ashes cricket would no doubt require at least 512 RAM and a good graphic card while i think TAOC would not be requiring a high end PC so its good for me atleast that a game for low end pc is under production....:banana2

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
fielding around 25%.we cannot do even an online play without each of them reaching
atleast 90%!

batting and bowling from my side is almost over. its upto LM to take it through to the end.

LM will be returning soon while am finishing off a lot of pending stuff so that it doesnt bite in the rear end later on.

yeah right...Ashes Cricket 2009's release will have a huge impact on TAOC sales.:rolleyes:

Yeah that is right. Probably you could just have 1-2 generic bowling actions, wicketkeeper ones and get us off the ground?

The reason I mentioned online play was in place of programming the AI - because I've heard it takes a lot of time.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah that is right. Probably you could just have 1-2 generic bowling actions, wicketkeeper ones and get us off the ground?

The reason I mentioned online play was in place of programming the AI - because I've heard it takes a lot of time.

lets see.......am really frustrated with the state of things....!!

just wishing LM to bounce back asap.
i can do all the work thats within my reach....but all said and done..
its LM who has to implement it in game....so i feel a lil skeptical doing too much
work when he goes in hiding...feeling it'll all go waste...

coolz_hari

International Coach
atleast 90%!

kartik if the game has good AI then we don't mind of buying game more price than BLIC /Ea cricket games .

Good to hear that you have really taken seriously. please do work & release

coolz_hari added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

kartik take your time but make the best one. But,ofcourse if it is released early then i will be more than happy

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, both the developers of Ashes 2009 and TAOC are talking a good game; let's see which one, if any, can actually live up to their promises.

Edit: @jkartik, is TAOC going to be free now? I could've sword that I was told there would be some sort of small fee attached.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Well, both the developers of Ashes 2009 and TAOC are talking a good game; let's see which one, if any, can actually live up to their promises.

Edit: @jkartik, is TAOC going to be free now? I could've sword that I was told there would be some sort of small fee attached.

you'll get to know about ashes 2009 ages before TAOC ! ;)

TAOC was declared free since forever with the donation option open for those
who find it worthy enough.

meanwhile, LM will mostly / hopefully be back around 1st week of june.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
you'll get to know about ashes 2009 ages before TAOC ! ;)

TAOC was declared free since forever with the donation option open for those
who find it worthy enough.

meanwhile, LM will mostly / hopefully be back around 1st week of june.

Thanks for clearing it up.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer

Wait, I never said it will effect the SALES of the game. I said that it is effecting the production of TAOC.

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Out of interest can I just ask what you still need to do, I know earlier JK mentioned some percentages but is it like batting AI, bowling AI, animations etc. Would just like to know.

I am a Computing A-level student and would be very interested in having a go at writing some AI if you want any help, after my exams finish next month anyway.

Edit: Or How about the duckworth-lewis calcs, or working on some audio effects - anything I can do to help improve the game and speed up its production

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread