The greatest country in the world?

Do you live in the greatest country in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I choose the strange option because I think it's cool to do so

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread isn't to debate which country is the greatest in the world, it's more to find out who thinks that their country is the greatest. I hear all the time from people that they live in the greatest country, city, house, gutter in the world and frankly I don't believe most of the people that claim it.

I think Australia is the greatest country in the world and am glad to be living here, but of course my view is restricted as I haven't lived anywhere else. I'm just interested to know how many of you think that you live in the greatest country in the world as well?

The greatest country in the world is Russia, by 7,127,632 km² over Canada. Making the claim that Australia is the greatest involves ignoring 5 countries, though if you count Australia's claim on Antarctic land Australia moves up to 2nd place, 3,237,204 km² behind Russia.

Of course if you were indeed back in the USSR, counting the territories of the Soviet Union would increase Russia's land area by a large amount, and confirm its status as the 'Greatest'.

Parents and grandparents tell me all the time im lucky to live in this country. Compared to alot of other developed coutries we really have it going on!!:happy

I've been to America, England, Scotland, Italy, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, New Caledonia and Vanuatu and when touring these countries that Qantas add really does hit you lol "i still call Australia home"

Last edited:
I personally have lived in India, England, Australia, and America.
The best, for me, are India and America. India is just simply amazing. I love it. People may just take a look at the traffic and the poverty, but there is so much more to that. So many languages, so many differences, so many beliefs, yet India is so united. People are smart, people are nice and caring. The food is amazing! I love it!

America is the melting pot of the entire world. The best things from all corners of the world are mixed, creating an amazing land. The people are so nice. The land of opportunity. The education opportunities, jobs, everything!

I don't know why I voted "No", even though the US is a fantastic country. I should have gone wtih option three :p.

England and Australia are amazing in their ways too, though.

mmm i agree with you Cricketman. Everyone in India is so nice, it really made me feel so good to know that theres human beings out there that care for you that you dont even know!!! In that aspect i think India is the best! (Also i LOVE Indian food!!!!!!)

Its just India was too humid for me:( i really hate that sticky feeling, also i went to some poorer parts and the poverty was quite bad, even still these people are so nice!!

And yeh the one thing i loved about America was that i really did feel like i was 'in the action' of it all, everything is happening over there, but living within all this it is easily to get sick of.

Hey, .::Steveo::., you been to India? Where'd you go? What were you there for?

I don't care about the greatest country in the world because such a debate is bound to be marred by prejudices that are regarded highly by the prejudicees.

The greatest country in the world is Russia, by 7,127,632 km² over Canada. Making the claim that Australia is the greatest involves ignoring 5 countries, though if you count Australia's claim on Antarctic land Australia moves up to 2nd place, 3,237,204 km² behind Russia.

Of course if you were indeed back in the USSR, counting the territories of the Soviet Union would increase Russia's land area by a large amount, and confirm its status as the 'Greatest'.
Great has another meaning, it can mean something is really good. Were you under the impression that Alexander the Great was just called that because he ate too much food? Or when Glenn McGrath is referred to as a great pace bowler it is also a weight sledge, despite him being an extremely skinny sort of person? And before you offend anyone, the difference between your grandparents and your great grandparents is not a size thing either. ;)

I don't care about the greatest country in the world because such a debate is bound to be marred by prejudices that are regarded highly by the prejudicees.
I realise that, that's the idea. It is an anonymous poll to find out what percentage of us are under the impression that our country is the best. (I didn't say greatest that time, happy?) :p

Last edited:
Well my dad and I were supposed to go to China with his work (he works for Hewlett Packard) but he got called to go to India, so i came along.

We stayed in New Delhi for a few days,
We also went south to Mumbai and across to Calcutta which were my favourites. I'd go back, as i said i love Indian food, and the atmosphere is just buzzing all the time.

Great has another meaning, it can mean something is really good. Were you under the impression that Alexander the Great was just called that because he ate too much food? Or when Glenn McGrath is referred to as a great pace bowler it is also a weight sledge, despite him being an extremely skinny sort of person? And before you offend anyone, the difference between your grandparents and your great grandparents is not a size thing either. ;)
Really? :eek: I've always heard Alexander referred to as Alexander the Better than the rest, I don't acknowledge the existence of Glenn McGrath (after all how can a bowler be that good?) and I haven't seen any proof that my grandparents had parents of their own.

Australia is the greatest country on earth without a doubt. Freedom, safety, security, economy, education, food (which is very diverse), culture (also diverse), not to mention sporting ability, all make this country the best there is. All I can say for Indians without meaning offence is, there's a reason so many Indians (and Europeans alike) are immigrating to Australia.

Really? :eek: I've always heard Alexander referred to as Alexander the Better than the rest, I don't acknowledge the existence of Glenn McGrath (after all how can a bowler be that good?) and I haven't seen any proof that my grandparents had parents of their own.
Alexander the Great actually probably was a fatty. Notice how they only bothered sculpting his head? They would've run out of clay if they went the body as well.

112-alexander-the-great.JPEG

No. Unpredictable climate, crap education system, corrupt politicians.

England is the best country in the world. It's English. Therefore it's the best.

Users who are viewing this thread