The greatest country in the world?

Do you live in the greatest country in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I choose the strange option because I think it's cool to do so

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I don't bat for both teams if that's what you're asking ;)
England traditionally has been the British cricket team and has had several prominent Scottish players including Douglas Jardine who was captain during bodyline.
Scotland is an amazing country to live in. Where else in the world can you go into the hills to hunt haggis or have tea with the loch ness monster? Those of you lucky enough to have access to the staff forum have even seen a picture of me in my skirt...

haha, fair enough, i can't talk, my entire family is scottish

*cough* i even have a kilt as each family has a unique tartan pattern */cough*

I don't bat for both teams if that's what you're asking ;)
England traditionally has been the British cricket team and has had several prominent Scottish players including Douglas Jardine who was captain during bodyline.
Scotland is an amazing country to live in. Where else in the world can you go into the hills to hunt haggis or have tea with the loch ness monster? Those of you lucky enough to have access to the staff forum have even seen a picture of me in my skirt...
How do you get to be a staff member here, I'm unusually interested.

Well, firstly you have to get, uh, 'familiar' with other staff members.
When I started this topic I was hoping it might stay G rated, or at least PG15+ (like any under-15s care about that anyway though, they hardly care about M films) but now you've started this dirty spiral I may as well continue it - do you need to perform sexual favours to get on the panel?

Too be honest, having lived in South Africa I still think S.A is the best country of all...free power to the townships while residential people must pay for it, in what country would you become a figure in parliament and you have a criminal record against you? The place where you can rape and murder and get off free because you did good behavior for two weeks? The place where every illegal immigrant form Zimbabwe and Nigeria's dream can come true? A democracy filled with corruption where transformation is taking up sport in to downward spiral? My friends the answer is the beloved Republic of South Africa...Nkosi Sekeleli Afrika, geez sounds bad but I'm not a doom prophet this is fact. SA has the highest crime level than any other country in the world and that is including USA with a population ten times more than SA

Well, firstly you have to get, uh, 'familiar' with other staff members.

When I started this topic I was hoping it might stay G rated, or at least PG15+ (like any under-15s care about that anyway though, they hardly care about M films) but now you've started this dirty spiral I may as well continue it - do you need to perform sexual favours to get on the panel?

Just to be clear all favours are strictly financial (apart from when ste is involved but that's up to him...)

England is pretty good. It's got it's fair share of pros and cons, but I wouldn't be arrogant enough to say it's the greatest country. I'm not really into the "greatest country" thing. Having lived in 3 countries I'm not patriotic towards any. They're just different, that's all.

However, the number of stupid people in England does get on my nerves.

Scandanavia is easily the best place to live, as is shown by the fact is absolutely owns in the best countries list every couple of years. I believe it was Denmark, Finland or Norway that came top this year.

I'm surprised no-one's said Holland. Legal, cheap drugs and sex. Although, their women do have beards.

And have the disadvantage of being dutch.

If i'm being serious, then the best country i've ever visited is either Greece or Australia.

America was great. Brilliant at night. Loads of shops, hotels, etc.

i wouldnt say india is the greatest but it has potential to be one !
few things that i hate about india is its TOO POPULATED, too corrupted,
painstaking/crappy/too-tough/biased education system !

but the thing am really proud of my country is our culture,
our niceness, tons of castes/religions etc but still being
united and also our food :D !

mmm i agree with you Cricketman. Everyone in India is so nice, it really made me feel so good to know that theres human beings out there that care for you that you dont even know!!! In that aspect i think India is the best! (Also i LOVE Indian food!!!!!!)

Its just India was too humid for me:( i really hate that sticky feeling, also i went to some poorer parts and the poverty was quite bad, even still these people are so nice!!

good to know that !! :)...
before reading your post, i presumed you must have an opinion
of india similar to gary kirsten's 1996 article :p

but yeah....the poverty is really bad ! the rich are getting richer,
poor are getting poorer....!! :(

@ AUSSIES - is australia really that racist as to what we've(indians) heard
or are there too many dumb rednecks out there ?? :p ;)

@ AUSSIES - is australia really that racist as to what we've(indians) heard
or are there too many dumb rednecks out there ??

Oh god, not this again. No. Don't judge all of Australia based on a couple of hooligans.

Having been on holiday for about a month to Australia last year I can tell you it's possibly one of the nicest places to visit. The people were brilliant. The country is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread