The greatest country in the world?

Do you live in the greatest country in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I choose the strange option because I think it's cool to do so

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Australia is the greatest country on earth without a doubt. Freedom, safety, security, economy, education, food (which is very diverse), culture (also diverse), not to mention sporting ability, all make this country the best there is. All I can say for Indians without meaning offence is, there's a reason so many Indians (and Europeans alike) are immigrating to Australia.

But can't get in! I watch this show called Nothing To Declare and it shows Australian border control. Despite the impression you might get from my description, it is quite entertaining to see the border control turn away about 2 or 3 per show.

Having been on holiday for about a month to Australia last year I can tell you it's possibly one of the nicest places to visit. The people were brilliant. The country is fantastic.

Were you bagged for being a pom at all? ;)

Australia is the greatest country on earth without a doubt. Freedom, safety, security, economy, education, food (which is very diverse), culture (also diverse), not to mention sporting ability, all make this country the best there is. All I can say for Indians without meaning offence is, there's a reason so many Indians (and Europeans alike) are immigrating to Australia.

I know! Them an Chinese etc. They're taking over our take away stores, our milk bars(They've been owned by the Chinese for years), and our 7 eleven stores. (Not meaning any offence there)

Why do Indians want to move out of their country? Do they want to get away from the poverty?

Last edited:
Loooaadddss! But it's all good banter. Nice people, good to have a laugh with.

Loooaadddss! But it's all good banter. Nice people, good to have a laugh with.

It'd be the same if I went over to England.

Mum's bf's mate lives in England and he said he really copped it when you guys won the Ashes in 05, but was then able to get them back when we won 5-0.

Just as i would say, never trade humanity with Patriotism!

I've been to: Saudi Arabia, Lybia, Dubai, Italy, England, France, Turkey.

I've lived in: Iran, Tunisia, Pakistan, Scotland, Sweden.

I don't know its hard to say.

But can't get in! I watch this show called Nothing To Declare and it shows Australian border control. Despite the impression you might get from my description, it is quite entertaining to see the border control turn away about 2 or 3 per show.
A man went to Australia and was going through immigration.
Immigration official asks " Do you have a criminal record? "
Guy says, " Sorry, didn't know I needed one"

Oh god, not this again. No. Don't judge all of Australia based on a couple of hooligans.

I did, however, face a fair bit of "on-the-face" racism when I was in Australia. I'm sure not everyone was like that, but quite a few are. A guy who worked for my dad told him to "go back to your mud houses".
Some guy also called me a monkey once, and I didn't know it was a derogatory term until the Future Cup happened and read about it on PC.

Free uni education is why Scotland is awesome, frankly.

I enjoy living in england. People complain about it but we forget about some of the freedom we get and all my sports are here. English Till i die

wales teams suck but proud to be welsh soz barmy army

Why do Indians want to move out of their country? Do they want to get away from the poverty?

there are several reasons for this :-

1) As you said, they want to get away from the poverty, population, corruption etc......

2) They'll get better career options, more pay and
a higher standard of living......(MAINLY DIRECTED TOWARDS
ENGINEERS AND DOCTORS)

3) For Further Studies, A University Stamp , Family Pressure etc...
(ALSO DIRECTED TOWARDS ENGINEERS AND DOCTORS)

4) Status : indians feel a US/foreign return/Settled is an
extra-ordinary person and he automatically attracts family
members around him !!! :rolleyes:

A Sample Conversation :-

--------START--------------------------------

*A Boy after completing his 1st year(Post Graduation) from some low profile unknown University In USA comes home during Vacations.
Guests Come Home; After Greeting Everyone(including the US Return)
Their Eyes Promptly Shifts towards him*

A Guest With a Lot Of Enthusiasm and
anxiety asks : "hey, so..studying in US huh ??"

The Boy Blushes With a little Pride in his face, trying to show
that its not a big deal; says : "yeah......"

The Guest : "WOW......that must be really exciting....!!! "

The Boy again Blushes With a little Pride in his face and
says : "yeah......"

The Guest : "Which University ??"

The Boy is reluctant at first but after a few moments,
proudly says : "REDNECK University"

All The Guests Try to recollect if they have heard of such a university
and after a while,
another guest asks : "Ohhhhk.........where is it located son?"

The Boy : "REDNECK City"

The Guest Promptly : "Is it near Salt Lake City?? "

The Boy with an uncertainty in his face and tone says : "yes......its actually quite near"

The Guest : "good good"

By this time, The Boys Father Indulges in the conversation
and states very proudly : "My son had to work really hard
for it !! he used to study day and night for GRE TOEFEL,
attended *THIS* courses, *THAT* lectures, gave *THIS* AND *THIS* exam and finally, he got through it....! am proud of him !!"

The Boy with a bit of arrogance Immediately Says : "It may not be the best university but
any US University Stamp is Better Than an Indian University Stamp"

As Soon as he finishes his statement, All the guests Nod Their
heads and give expressions like he stated a very obvious thing !

Meanwhile, A Teenager Bored By this conversation slowly moves up
to the boy and whispers in his ears asking with a rush of blood :
" Dude....so how are the chicks there ?? are they hot ?? you got any girlfriends ?? "

TO BE CONTINUED
.................................:D

-----------ENDS-------------------------------------

Last edited:
Indian's going abroad is like, the biggest thing. Because it is so hard to firstly get a seat in India with so many brilliant people.
For higher education, all these smart kids want to go abroad to get not only excellent schooling, but getting scholarships to international students is really tough, so they do it for the competition.

Whenever I go to India, people eye me alot because i live in the States. Its complicated to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread