The "Manchester United are a bit rubbish now" thread

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Didn't like that from Sheedy at all regardless of how trues it is. Classless.

he was probably pissed as a fart when he made those tweets too.

Weren't you yourself saying similar things when Januzaj was first getting a run of games, something about Moyes using the emergence of an academy player to take pressure off him?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Weren't you yourself saying similar things when Januzaj was first getting a run of games, something about Moyes using the emergence of an academy player to take pressure off him?

yep. he never really seemed to trust in youth. Coleman barely got a sniff at RB until last season and he wasn't even that young (although apparently he had played less football than other people of his age generally have played) prerring neville/hibbert over him at various points.

So when he plays youth players it never really seemed it was because he thought they were ready or to try and aid their development it always seemed to have some sort of ulterior motive.

Generally it would be players like baxter and barkley starting matches before they were ready in August seemingly to detract the fact we had sold players for decent money and not bought anyone.

You can look at a lot of players who have had unfullfilled potential come through our academy

War

Chairman of Selectors
In these modern times where people in China and Indonesia can get access to PL football, all that matters is loyalty, and putting a bit of money into the club you support by purchasing merchandise.

Ye its all good my friend, your a football fan. Just highlighting some of strange criteria that ENG football generally state for qualifying as a "real fan" of various etc, that foreigner might not always be aware of.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don't know if everton have produced less youth players than any other teams. are we talking about academy players or signing young players?

either way, I can't think of many other teams that have done much better than everton except for ones with huge resources and even then the difference is marginal. I just don't understand that criticism.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know if everton have produced less youth players than any other teams. are we talking about academy players or signing young players?

either way, I can't think of many other teams that have done much better than everton except for ones with huge resources and even then the difference is marginal. I just don't understand that criticism.

Neither way.

It's just a mild criticism that he was overly reluctant to give young players gametime.

Prime examples being Coleman and Barkley. Maybe he did right by them seeing how they turned out. But most people think they should have had more game time at younger ages.

It's actually quite ridiculous how recently an obviously past it phil neville kept coleman out of the side.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I watched the game 'til half time and dozed off and when I woke up in the morning i've read man utd won the game 6-2. Obv. I was still dreaming. :facepalm That's how this season has been. A nightmare.

Thought this was Cleverley's best chance to prove his mettle with Carrick and Fellaini essentially being defensive mids. Moyes couldn't have put him in a better place with his typical forward runs to help the front 3. He did a decent job to be fair to him but for that one misplaced pass. He knew he blew it. He put his Hands over his head and next thing you know; he's subbed.

Night to forget and move on. Passing in the final third should improve massively to even hope to contest in the CL. MORE KAGAWA, MATA AND JANUZAJ PLEASE. One positive thing about moyes is he put down top players to long term contracts. If moyes can keep kagawa for next season... it would be amazing.

Lee1981

International Coach
If moyes can keep kagawa for next season... it would be amazing.

Sorry but what have you based this on?

He has hardly set the world alight has he?

Yes this season he's been out of favour, but last year he wasn't much better.

Another player who just can't cut it in the PL

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Kagawa's signing was a signal in the change of play last season. But it wasn't to be. His fate was probably sealed when United brought in RvP. looked senseless to push a central attacking midfielder out wide to accommodate RvP and Rooney when united could do with other proper wingers. He struggled to adapt initially but he got going when he played centrally whenever he could. The away game against Norwich is a prime example why United wanted him in the first place. Quick feet, turns fast, picks out intelligently and has great composure; a shadow striker. a sort of player who eases the misery of having a weak midfield. Fans were quick to write him off but in reality he wasn't played to his favored position, where his potential lies.

He's had bad luck thus far. He got injured last year and missed a bunch of games and this season moyes has been unsure as to how to utilise him while keeping his striking duo intact. He was either sacrificed to the bench or played where he wasn't comfortable. Rooney kept him out from the no. 10 role almost all season or young, januzaj were preferred to him on the flank.

Even in the current season his stats don't speak as much for his performances when the bulk of the chances he created weren't justified by the strikers.

United need to keep him, at least for another shot next season. Whenever a striker gets injured its a blessing in disguise for him, but if not adding a new woe to his existing ones, there's Juan Mata.

IMO the best side united played in the league was against west ham last week. Having mata, kagawa and even januzaj behind Rooney would definitely give any top oppositions to think twice, in contrast to a very one dimensional system played with Valencia or young.

On the contrary there's a chance he'll be sold next season, if moyes leaves first.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
. A group of United fans have raised ?840 in a day to fund a plane to fly over Old Trafford with a message reading ?Wrong One ? Moyes Out?.
The message is a response to the Stretford End Flags banner which reads ?The Chosen One?. Following United?s 3-0 defeat against City yesterday, stewards were sent to protect the banner at full time, after there were concerns that fans would want to remove it.
As yet, there have been no public protests within the ground, home or away, but it is expected that will change at the weekend when United face Villa.

Bj1D28GIIAA5f69.jpg

Wow.

khaleel

Club Captain

P Squared

International Coach
Zaha had an attitude problem though, he didnt train well, I think Moyes was right not to play him. He's not exactly setting the world on fire at Cardiff either. We massively overpaid and I've always thought he was extremely over-rated, not surprising though given he's English.

----------

He's nowhere near as good as Januzaj or Lingard by the way, so he isnt even the best young winger that we have, no idea why Fergie signed him

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Zaha had an attitude problem though, he didnt train well, I think Moyes was right not to play him. He's not exactly setting the world on fire at Cardiff either. We massively overpaid and I've always thought he was extremely over-rated, not surprising though given he's English.

----------

He's nowhere near as good as Januzaj or Lingard by the way, so he isnt even the best young winger that we have, no idea why Fergie signed him

So that people would say he's planning for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread