The most SUCCESSFUL batsman of this decade (2000's) discussion.

I think the teams have rooted out his biggest weakness. Fast bowlers who pitch it just back of a length and square him up for an edge to first slip. How Ishant tortured him.

Ponting's never been the strongest batsman early in his innings tbh.

Sometimes Statistics dosent matter Ponting may be the best from the point of view of statistics.The best batsmen should be Shiv Chanderpaul.He is damn consistent and its easy to bat under no pressure as in case of Ponting he is the Captain of the best side of Cricket AUS (not considering SA tour though).Chanderpaul on the other hand batted for the side who has pathetic bowling side and Under Deep Pressure.So he should be the Batsman of Decade

BTW Sachin & Lara cannot be compared

Sachin Tendulkar forever !

Shivanarayan Chaderpaul the left hand Batsmen must be in lead ?

Last edited:
Leave Sachin out he does not needs to prove that he is/was the best......His records Were not created in a night's dream.........

Yousuf has played about 30 less games then Ponting over the past Decade, and has 7 runs less in terms of average. It's easier to keep a higher average over a shorter period of time, but to keep an average over 60 for over 100 matches is amazing, which is what Ponting has done in the past decade.

This just proves Hayden is very good. He is an opener and he is the one i think teams out the most effort into getting out. He's a danger man, and probably the one that bowling plans pinpoint first. It shows that he has just 1 tom less then ponting, and it tougher circumstances

formula1man added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

hey Ben, do you have an ODI one of those stats?

got to be yousuf

look at his stats and also the number of matches he has played

I see in One Dayers he has more runs then anyone, but thats because he has played 20 more matches then Ponting, and Ponting averages 2 more still. It's not Yousuf.

Users who are viewing this thread