Story The Natwest Pentangular 2005 -- Begins April 24th

Who will win the Natwest Pentangular?

• Total voters

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
yuvraj need to make sure he does not get out or the match will looks to be lost then

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sachin Tendulkar Cheers the youngsters on !

Pic1)Sachin, unlucky to have missed out cheers Yuvraj and Pathan on !
Pic2) The crowd smell an Indian win at Lords

STAY TUNED FOR THE CLIMAX OF THE NatWest Pentangular 2005 !

Attachments

• sachinsup.JPG
    sachinsup.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 42
  • crowd.JPG
    crowd.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 42

aditya123

National Board President
India need 9 from the last over

Match On a Knife-edge as India need 9 form 6 balls ---- `The Incredible game continues to amaze`
A match which promised to be a repeat of Johannesburg 2003 might end up being a repeat of Lords 2002 . Yuvraj Singh has played one of the all-time great ODI knocks to take India to the threshold of a monumental effort . He brought the required RR less than 6 RPO by hitting successive boundaries of A.Symonds before getting out to the same bowler . He was bowled while trying to dab the ball to third-man . Earlier D.Lehman caught Pathan plumb in front to give Australia a crucial wicket and ended the vigil of the Indian left-hander on the crease . India are 8 down and need 9 runs from the last over with Harbhajan and Zaheer at the crease both of whom played important roles in India`s win at Lords in 2002 .

The Indian crowd have already started to celebrate and irrespective of what the result is, their side has played fantastic cricket under pressure . However, a win would be the icing on the cake and Yuvraj`s innings today deserves his side a win !

Attachments

• on.jpg
    on.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 43
  • sweep.jpg
    sweep.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 40
  • yund.jpg
    yund.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42

aditya123

National Board President
The Last Over ----> A Ball By Ball Coverage

The Climax has arrived : The Most Crucial Over of the Tournament Will Be bowled by M.Clarke

Ball 1 : Clarke To Harbhajan
Result : FOUR ! A slog down leg side !

Ball 2 : Clarke To Harbhajan
Result : A single

Four required From 4 Balls

Ball 3 : Clarke To Z.Khan
Result : Bowled

Four Required From 3
Ball 4 : Clarke To Balaji
Result : Balaji slogs it for 2

2 Needed from 2
Ball 5 : Clarke To Balaji
Result : A single ! Scores tied

What Could Be The Outcome Of The Last Ball !

Attachments

• ball1.jpg
    ball1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 41

aditya123

National Board President
India Win a Nail-biter

India Beat World Champions In A Thriller --------> Lords Celebrates as India are Natwest Pentangular 2005 Champions !

Yuvraj Singh,Virendar Sehwag,Md.Kaif and the tailenders have carved an unbelievable Indian win , a win which is more unbelievable than the one at the same venue in 2002 . The Indian tailenders held their nerves in the last over to win the match for their team . Harbhajan hit the winning runs for India and set the pavillion into joyous scenes ! Australia , the world Champions came into the game as favorites and held the tag till the 30th over of the Indian innings !
Sourav Ganguly broke into celebrations similar to one at Lords in 2002 but with his shirt intact !
India have finally won a final against Australia to end a wonderful tournament which has seen scenes of Joy,madness,tension and some comical moments as well !

Attachments

• scre.JPG
    scre.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 79

aditya123

National Board President
Indians celebrate as the World Champs are stunned !

India recorded their highest successful runchase against Australia to the joy of the Crowd and Ganguly alike !

Attachments

• sourav celebrates.JPG
    sourav celebrates.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 037583.jpg
    037583.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 40

Daisy

School Cricketer
An amazing end to an amazing tournament.

What do you have in mind for your next project?

aditya123

National Board President
Presentation Ceremony

Paul Allot :Welcome To The Presentation Ceremony for one final time in the Natwest Pentangular 2005 . What a dramatic end we`ve witnessed to a fabulous tournament . The Indians have achieved the unthinkable yet again at Lords .
First , I would like to invite the chairman of the organising committee `Mr.Ian Botham` to come up and speak a few words .

Ian Botham : It has been a tremendous series and congrtulations to India on winning this amazing match . We could not have had 5 better teams participating in a tournament and the gams we have had have been played in the best of spirits . I would like to thank everybody involved in making this tournament a grand success , the sponsors Natwest,Pepsi,Lg and Hero Honda . Our official broadcasters Sky Sports, Star Sports and Planetcricket who have taken the coverage to many million homes . The groundsmen for preparing superb sporting pitches , the match officials and last but not the least the wonderful crowds we`ve had throughout the series .
Thank You one and all .

Paul Allot : Thank You Ian . Now its time to call upon the Australian Cpt. Ricky Ponting . Ricky its not often do we see Australia losing and while defending 331 . tough luck .

Ricky : We played below our potential . After they were 39/3, we were a bit too untidy with the ball . I thought Yuvraj was Fantastic . He played like a Champion . WE were not at the best throughout the whole tournament and did not deserve to win it . I hope we tighten up before the Ashes

Paul : Well done Ricky on reaching the finals and Good Luck for the Ashes !
Now its time to call upon the Man Of The Match . There were no problems deciding who it was today, The Natwest MOM for today is Yuvraj Singh ! Yuvraj , if you can come up and have a chat and collect your cheque and the magnum of champagne .
Yuvraj, you seem to love playing at Lords !
037335.jpg

Yuvraj : I think all my team mates love playing at Lords . It is a venue where we have had many great moments and today is another addtion to it . I was timing the ball well .
049605.jpg

Even though the score read 39/3 , I said to veeru that if we stayed for long time runs would come and we had Kaif and Dhoni to follow . Everybody contributed in this win . Kaif and Dhoni with cameos brought the req RR below 6.50 RPO . Pathan ,Harbhajan,Zak and Bala finished the job off well ! Great feeling .

Paul Allot : Congrats Yuvraj . Now its time for the Man Of The Series .
For 585 runs from 9 matches , it is Adam Gilchrist who will receive this `Honda City` from the ICC Chief Ehsan Mani .
Adam, a nice car to have !
Gilchrist : Would have looked better had we won .
049389.jpg

Paul : Adam, you have been quite magnificent throughout the series . Looking forward to the Ashes .

Gilchrist : First things first , I would like to congratulate the Indians on winning this amazing game . Neither team deserved to lose but there has to be a loser and a winner and we were slightly off colour on the field . The Ashes should be superb . Iam looking forward to it as every aussie is !

Paul :
Its now time for the big One , `The Natwest Pentangular 2005 ` trophy . The winners Of Natwest PEntangular 2005 are `INDIA` .
Sourav , would you like to have a chat before collecting the trophy .
Sourav, your side seems to have a habit of winning from impossible positions at Lords .

Sourav : I can tell you one thing, its not good for the hearts of the snior players in the team with a frail heart ! We have played outstanding cricket as a team . Everyon has contributed . Sachin`s 100 at Lords in the first game, Rahul scoring 50s consistently , Kaif`s 50 under pressure against Australia at Southampton, Sehwag`s 69 today and Sachin`s 3 wickets vs Pakistan and last but not the least Yuvraj`s 140 today . We`ve shown that if we can play to our potential, we can beat everybody . We`ve done it today . I hope we continue the good work in the years to come .

Paul : All right Sourav . Join your side in the celebrations !
Thats it Ladies and Gentlemen from the Natwest Pentangular 2005 . I hope you enjoyed the coverage of this mega tournament ! Till we meet next time , Its Goodbye from all of us at Sky Sports, Star Sports and Planetcricket !

Attachments

• 037580.jpg
    037580.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 13cri13.jpg
    13cri13.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
Thank You All

I would Like to thank you all for supporting me with my first story thread .
I hope it has been enjoyed by one and all. Before I conclude this story, I have a few questions to ask , a sort of a survey before starting my next story .
pentagularfinished6ha9qw.jpg

1.) Rate this thread out of 10 very frankly .
2.) Your favourite match of this Natwest Pentangular 2005
3.) What are the pos and cons of the story according to you ?
4.) Should my next story be a test match series or `The Indianoil Asia Cup 2005` ?

Special Thanks To :
Boss`s AI Patches which has provided us with some fabulous well fought games.
Mwaugh for his wonderful Natwest Pentangular 2005 signature .
Ste for his Sky Sports V2 TV Patch .
Dazza the virtual groundsman for the great pitches made by him and also the India World Cup 2003 Kit.
And to all the members who have posted in this thread .

Thank You All ! :happy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread