The New Indian Team

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Well,
After the debacle some heads will roll mostly of players who did not take part in the matches and were on the bench but my team for bangladesh would be

1-Sachin tendulkar{captain}
2-yuvraj singh{vice captain}
3-rahul dravid
4-virender shewag
5-robin utthapa
6-rohit sharma
7-suresh raina
8-Mahendra dhoni
9-Kaif
10-munaf patel
11-shreesanth
12-piyush chawla
13-yomahesh
14-harbhajan singh/powar
15-zaheer khan/pathan

There is no ganguly as i think in odis his batting does not overcome his other liabilities.Irfan pathan or zaheer khan on form and powar over harbhajan as
harbhajan is not a wicket taker in odis and yomahesh is highely rated fast bowler who deserves his chance.

My line up would be
1-sachin
2-utthapa/shewag
3-rohit sharma
4-rahul
5-yuvraj
6-dhoni
7-irfan/raina/kaif
8-piyush chawla
9-munaf
10-shresanth
11-yomahesh

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i will get rid of sehwag may be... already tendulkar and dravid are average fielders. add sehwag to it and your fielding still remains average.

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MY 15
I will say don't drop anyone coz that will never help

Coach: Sandeep Patil
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Sehwag
dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Kaarthick
Pathan
Munaf
Sreesanth
Zaheer
Ramesh Powar
Probables:
Kaif/Raina/Manoj Tiwary/Rohit Sharma/S Badrinath/Gambhir/Jaffer(he got highest score in Domestic ODi recently)
Piyush Chawla

shery_rsa

Club Captain
coach:greg chappell
ganguly
gambhir
sehwag
yuvraj
kaif
dhoni
pathan
sreesanth
zaheer
ramesh powar
raina

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe get Kaif back just to improve the dreadful fielding, as we saw in WC.

viral1991

International Cricketer
I dont think drastic changes are required! We just need to get the fielding up with Kaif & draft in one young talent! The current outfit still looks strong!

saisrini80 said:
i will get rid of sehwag may be... already tendulkar and dravid are average fielders. add sehwag to it and your fielding still remains average.

He does take some amazing catches though! His lack of athletism might be troublesome, but I would not call him an average fielder! And with his somewhat new-found form, he is not one to be dropped!

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
bring back kaif and laxman

those 2 were a integral part of the indian team and this team is still one of the best if lined up properly

this coming from a pakistani
i dotn wanna see tendulkar and sehwag go out but the whole team is messed up by chappel

thisis what the team should be

sehwag
tendulkar
laxman
kaif
dravid
yuvraj
dhoni
bowler?
bowler?
bowler?
bowler?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sachin will not be going anywhere. If Ganguly is dropped, I hope he quits. He doesnt have anything else to fight for. he made a come back, got good scores but failed in the WC. now he shd quit if dropped.

Sachin might continue. I think he might even retire from test matches to prolong his ODI career and target the 2011 World Cup. If Jayasuriya can play till 37, why cant Sachin play till 37 (he will be 37 in 2011). He got to pick and play his matches to maintain top fitness.

Dravid might have to think about ODI's. He is still a fantastic batsman but he can pass on the "anchor" role in ODI's to kaif and quit too (though not too soon). Ideally, I predict only Sachin playing till 2011 (its his dream to be in a world cup winning team).

our team's fielding needs to be perked up heavily. and our bowling also needs more attacking and more clever bowlers. we need to get rid of ajit agarkar and have some fast bowlers who can bowl express pace.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think Sachin should retire from ODI's to prolong his test career. Unless, of course, he feels that he cannot anymore succeed at the highest level of the game. And if he feels that way, then it's time for him to move on because that's a loss in confidence in itself.

I would not pick Sachin as my captain, either. In fact, I don't really see any prospective captains in the current team. Dravid was picked as captain purely because he was a senior player. I guess we'll have to re-evaluate that.

The one thing I would change, though, is get rid of the Nike sponsorship. Everyone knows the real reason we got knocked out so early was because of our hideous kits. :p

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
For me, India's problems would be solved just by finding someone who can bat in the top 7 and bowl ten overs. I have no idea who that would be though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Cricket_god said:
Well,
After the debacle some heads will roll mostly of players who did not take part in the matches and were on the bench but my team for bangladesh would be

1-Sachin tendulkar{captain}
2-yuvraj singh{vice captain}
3-rahul dravid
4-virender shewag
5-robin utthapa
6-rohit sharma
7-suresh raina
8-Mahendra dhoni
9-Kaif
10-munaf patel
11-shreesanth
12-piyush chawla
13-yomahesh
14-harbhajan singh/powar
15-zaheer khan/pathan
Are you out of your mind ?
Tendulkar as captain ? It wont take India much time to slip to the last position in ODI rankings.
Even though,we didnt make it past the first round,I'd still say that the worst ever captain India has had was Sachin Tendulkar.
Also,I feel he's getting too much of the demi-god status and he desrevs to be dropped after that batting display in the Caribbean.

Giving it to Yuvraj is not such a good option rt now.The only reason I say this is cause,India plays quality opposition in the next few months.We have around 21 matches with the Aussies.Instead,if you want a younger one,go for a bowler.How bout Zaheer Khan ?

The best man to succeed Dravid would have been M.Kaif.Sadly,his palce in the side is not at all warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread