The New Indian Team

Cricket_god said:
Today is th day when indian squad is announced and pace talent which talent ar you talking about i can only see johnshon having a great future
tait has a long way to go in test and brett lee is half the bowler he is in odi in tests with no spinner they will struggle as their pace attack has been based on mcgrath for so many years .stuart clarke is no mcgrath.

Im referring to the domestic players. They're the youngsters, not older than 25. Tait is like sreesanth and Dale Steyn: has a long way to go in their bowling. He is for the future. Clarke has had a fantastic start to tests (averaging 17 after 9 test matches, 5 against England in Aus and 4 against SA in SA) . In ODI he isn't as effective. Is he better than Mcgrath? Not many are and for the time being he's fine. There is bracken who isn't in the test squad because of Clarke. As long as Aus keeps no.1, i don't think they care who plays. I think australia are doing fine without brett lee. He was dropped from tests for over a year... aus dont rely on him that much. Poor old gillespie...
Hm... feel sorry for the selectors. I hope Gambhir gets chosen... idiots if they didn't. Sehwag should be "rested". Ill eat my hat if he's still in the team.

karnog said:
Im referring to the domestic players. They're the youngsters, not older than 25. Tait is like sreesanth and Dale Steyn: has a long way to go in their bowling. He is for the future. Clarke has had a fantastic start to tests (averaging 17 after 9 test matches, 5 against England in Aus and 4 against SA in SA) . In ODI he isn't as effective. Is he better than Mcgrath? Not many are and for the time being he's fine. There is bracken who isn't in the test squad because of Clarke. As long as Aus keeps no.1, i don't think they care who plays. I think australia are doing fine without brett lee. He was dropped from tests for over a year... aus dont rely on him that much. Poor old gillespie...
Hm... feel sorry for the selectors. I hope Gambhir gets chosen... idiots if they didn't. Sehwag should be "rested". Ill eat my hat if he's still in the team.

Clarke is not so good on low and flat pit ches he struggled agianst bangladesh in bangladesh.slingers ha ve not had that much sucess compared to high arm bowlers i reser ve my judgemnt on tait.but bracken surely is no where near johnson i thi nk he is a real talent.

and please eat your hat :noway

I'll guess i'll have to figuritively. Well the selectors are persistent.

Tiwary looks a good prospect for the indians,and hopefull uthappa and gambhir get some games under their belts against bangladesh

I think that the countless amount of posts about India's future will be best suited in here rather than some other Indian tour thread.

Let's throw a few new names in there to help the ODI (World Cup) and Test (AWFUL series in South Africa).

Piyesh Chawla possesses OK accuracy, an ability to spin the ball (albeit on spinning wickets) and a good googly. He already has a 3for and hopefully the 18 year old can build upon that in both forms of the game.

Manoj Tiwary should be a name for the Test (not ODI) game since he averages 57 in FC Cricket, aided by an average of 99 in the last Ranji Trophy. Presumably, 15 catches in 15 matches means he can field well and at 21 can inject more youth into the team.

Joginder Sharma should also be an addition to the Test team and not necessarily the ODI team. He is certainly an able lower middle order batsman with a FC average of 32.87. His most impressive asset is a FC bowling average of just 19, exceptional for any level (except my 1st XI club level where Omesh Wijiserwardne played a whole season at a bowling average of 9...don't worry).

Joginder Sharma should also be an addition to the Test team and not necessarily the ODI team.

Sorry to say,but I feel that a Test cap cannot be handed out to anyone who excels or is a one-match wonder.

It has to be earned,and should not be given away just like that.

ah, again!!

I think India is going in the right direction, right now. Under Ravi Shastri, India is doing the right thing, giving seniors a break and inducing newer players. YOu do not want too many new additions, and too many senior exclusions. Tendulkar and Ganguly were rested, for good, I'd say. Same will happen to other seniors, but its important to have a balanced, consistent team. Too many changes just increases the entropy.

Hi,
There are a lot of my favorite players in the cricket team.I would say for
1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Raina
3.Yuvraj
4.Ganguly
5.Sree santh
6.Dhoni
7.Munaf Patel
8.Anil Kumble
9.Harbhajan Singh
10.Dravid
11.Pathan
I will go with these members......Did I have to add any others....

Users who are viewing this thread