The New Indian Team

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
karnog said:
I feel india are not good enough to compete with the best at this stage. They're done the right thing of changing the domestic structure but having two indian teams? Is this true first of all? Players need to nurture from domestic cricket.

I think India need to nurture an all-rounder like a Flintoff, an Oram, a Styris, a Watson, etc. So i agree with cricketman93. Next their fielding standards need to rise significantly. They need to invest in fielding which would further strenghten the bowling attack. The bowling attack need to continue to improve, a wicket taking spinner is probably what they're missing. But at this stage bowling is looking bright. Batting has always been good and i think they have players who can take up the challenge. No doubt Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid can ever be replaced but it doesn't mean India will perform even worse! Finally, captaincy. Continueing with Dravid is a mistake but i think they have no other options except for Ganguly- if ganguly got captaincy no doubt his batting will dip and may cause further problems with the batting. Yuvraj singh as future captain? Nah. Dhoni? Too early to judge. Kaarthic? Again too early. This year is about playing good cricket and finding their feet. Dominating the world? First regain the form and attitude. Start improving now.

For bangladesh tour India should rest Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Harbhajan singh. Give gambhir and the youngsters a shot. With the exception of Ganguly these players need to find form and cricket in India could be the key. Pathan should be tested.

The talk of two team does not mean two international sides ibut india and india A.
India is capable of competing with the best its just that now the re building phase has started.the board has done nothing i have heard all those things
they have said now for 5 years i will only believe when they implement them.

Pathan is just a young cricketer remember whn flintoff was young he was
not as good as pathan in his early days but look at him now pathan will improve.i believe the current crop of batsman will be better than our previous batsman .

Captaincy -yuvraj has to be the future captai n as i believe your best player
should be your captain and as somebody said he has an egio which is great as an egoistic captain is one which i ndia needs who does not think anybody is better than them

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He just needs his pace back and he can storm into the team.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
manee said:
He just needs his pace back and he can storm into the team.

Not pace,swing is the key word.
There is no need to concentrate on pace here,swing will be better.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
iceman_waugh said:
Not pace,swing is the key word.
There is no need to concentrate on pace here,swing will be better.

He actually needs to get his confidence back. Rest will follow.

He needs to pump in loads of overs in domestic cricket (or county cricket, etc) and get his confidence back along with his rhythm. I feel he needs a stint in England's county cricket!

karnog

International Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
The talk of two team does not mean two international sides ibut india and india A.
India is capable of competing with the best its just that now the re building phase has started.the board has done nothing i have heard all those things
they have said now for 5 years i will only believe when they implement them.

Pathan is just a young cricketer remember whn flintoff was young he was
not as good as pathan in his early days but look at him now pathan will improve.i believe the current crop of batsman will be better than our previous batsman .

Captaincy -yuvraj has to be the future captai n as i believe your best player
should be your captain and as somebody said he has an egio which is great as an egoistic captain is one which i ndia needs who does not think anybody is better than them

Actually when you put it that way Yuvraj is not a bad prospect. His ego can be harnessed into aggressiveness. I never like wicket keeper captains so dhoni isnt my favourite to become one. Kaif hasn't performed at all... he was my favourite "future captains" a few years ago...

Nah i dont think India can compete with Aus (who can really?), Sri lanka, New Zealand and South Africa at the moment... maybe at home india can (they did recently but then SL had no Vaas or Murili). But i don't consider India like bangladesh, ireland and Kenya. I think they have the potential to beat these teams in say 2 years cause india have talent.

Yeah, i had Pathan in mind but like someone else said he needs confidence. Any other candidates? Powar i hear isnt too bad with the bat...

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
karnog said:
Actually when you put it that way Yuvraj is not a bad prospect. His ego can be harnessed into aggressiveness. I never like wicket keeper captains so dhoni isnt my favourite to become one. Kaif hasn't performed at all... he was my favourite "future captains" a few years ago...

Nah i dont think India can compete with Aus (who can really?), Sri lanka, New Zealand and South Africa at the moment... maybe at home india can (they did recently but then SL had no Vaas or Murili). But i don't consider India like bangladesh, ireland and Kenya. I think they have the potential to beat these teams in say 2 years cause india have talent.

Yeah, i had Pathan in mind but like someone else said he needs confidence. Any other candidates? Powar i hear isnt too bad with the bat...

You are having a mental block if you say nobody can compete against ausie they have a weak bowling which is surely get exposed india can still beat a nybody anyday.

karnog

International Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
You are having a mental block if you say nobody can compete against ausie they have a weak bowling which is surely get exposed india can still beat a nybody anyday.

You shouldnt take New Zealand and England's victory too closely. Australia had a issue of injury, Brad Hogg had barely played any cricket (hence the speculation he may not be the world cup) due to the overuse of Cameron White (batting all-rounder who can spin) and when they went to NZ they didnt have gilly, ponting or Lee. You cant expect any team to continue their success immediately when these things happen. They maybe excuses but in the end of the day other teams struggle when there is an injury/rest to key players. But yes, these losses show Australia aren't as dominating as they were in 2003. But they're still number 1. However, i still think SL can beat Australia but im assuming Vaas, Murali and Malinga are gonna play.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If India are to be considered a good competitive team and need to be consistent at that, they surely need to do all that the board has promised in recent times. they have to fulfill their promises in a very sincere manner. with the talent india has, they can surely be among the top two teams in the world, but the system, the board are all crap!

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
karnog said:
You shouldnt take New Zealand and England's victory too closely. Australia had a issue of injury, Brad Hogg had barely played any cricket (hence the speculation he may not be the world cup) due to the overuse of Cameron White (batting all-rounder who can spin) and when they went to NZ they didnt have gilly, ponting or Lee. You cant expect any team to continue their success immediately when these things happen. They maybe excuses but in the end of the day other teams struggle when there is an injury/rest to key players. But yes, these losses show Australia aren't as dominating as they were in 2003. But they're still number 1. However, i still think SL can beat Australia but im assuming Vaas, Murali and Malinga are gonna play.

Anybody can beat australia on thier day .brad hogg is not that great a spinner
he just takes wicket when the seamers have done the job he is exposed when seames fail.newzealand,england,southafrica ,srilanka can beat australia anyday.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Don't forget india. We just had a bad stint in the Carib. Don't write them off for the future.

karnog

International Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
Anybody can beat australia on thier day .brad hogg is not that great a spinner
he just takes wicket when the seamers have done the job he is exposed when seames fail.newzealand,england,southafrica ,srilanka can beat australia anyday.

Isnt that a bit unfair (brad hogg). Against SL the seamers got the big men but jawardena and silva rebuild the innings and were set on a good target. The seamers couldnt break the partnership... so in comes brad hogg removing both men ending their 140 run stand. However, im not sayin hes a great spinner, im just sayin he hardly played any games. Australia arent really a one man team- all the wheels in the cogs need to mesh to win a game (i think i got that from 'the incredibles'). Lol, we'll keep mcgrath and Symonds out of this...

As for ur other statement, well sure. On a good day anyone (even bangladesh against South Africa) can win. Its how u perform, not the past. But what i meant was, can India regularly beat these teams (home and away). I think they can (and so can NZ, SL, SA and dare i say, england) but not at this stage... india and england are in a rebuilding stage, same as what SA went thru in the last world cup. India should follow what SA did. Im not sure about NZ or SL though.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
karnog said:
Isnt that a bit unfair (brad hogg). Against SL the seamers got the big men but jawardena and silva rebuild the innings and were set on a good target. The seamers couldnt break the partnership... so in comes brad hogg removing both men ending their 140 run stand. However, im not sayin hes a great spinner, im just sayin he hardly played any games. Australia arent really a one man team- all the wheels in the cogs need to mesh to win a game (i think i got that from 'the incredibles'). Lol, we'll keep mcgrath and Symonds out of this...

As for ur other statement, well sure. On a good day anyone (even bangladesh against South Africa) can win. Its how u perform, not the past. But what i meant was, can India regularly beat these teams (home and away). I think they can (and so can NZ, SL, SA and dare i say, england) but not at this stage... india and england are in a rebuilding stage, same as what SA went thru in the last world cup. India should follow what SA did. Im not sure about NZ or SL though.

India have beaten australia 4 times and lost 4 of the 4 series winning 1 series
and drawing and losing 1 .Test cricket is what matters the most and your skill is tested to the full and i can say that australia may b a good odi side but in test they are going to struggle specially away tours.all teams have a chan ce to be no 1 no doubt .

karnog

International Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
India have beaten australia 4 times and lost 4 of the 4 series winning 1 series
and drawing and losing 1 .Test cricket is what matters the most and your skill is tested to the full and i can say that australia may b a good odi side but in test they are going to struggle specially away tours.all teams have a chan ce to be no 1 no doubt .

I agree with that comment (the test part). Australia will struggle with no langer, mcgrath and warne. Soon no gilchrist and hayden as well. They still got Macgill but he'll retire in 2 years and the depth of spin in australia isnt strong. I think they may go the South Africa track with an allround pace attack (the future is bright with the new pace bowlers) if they dont find a suitable replacement.

Moving on from australia, any news on the squad for the bangladesh tour?

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
karnog said:
I agree with that comment (the test part). Australia will struggle with no langer, mcgrath and warne. Soon no gilchrist and hayden as well. They still got Macgill but he'll retire in 2 years and the depth of spin in australia isnt strong. I think they may go the South Africa track with an allround pace attack (the future is bright with the new pace bowlers) if they dont find a suitable replacement.

Moving on from australia, any news on the squad for the bangladesh tour?

Today is th day when indian squad is announced and pace talent which talent ar you talking about i can only see johnshon having a great future
tait has a long way to go in test and brett lee is half the bowler he is in odi in tests with no spinner they will struggle as their pace attack has been based on mcgrath for so many years .stuart clarke is no mcgrath.

Users who are viewing this thread