The Official Yorker/Bouncer Spamming Hall of SHAME

Radius_Vector

HowZat.com Representative
Online Cricket Games Owned
While you can clobber those balls for 4s or 6s, it's still a shameful act by bowlers who do that.

Post IDs of culprits and repeat offenders! :shout

Even better if you could talk about how you scored 36 runs off a yorker-over! :D

Bouncers are hittable IMO. The problem lies with the yorkers for most players.

Please let me know if anybody spams bouncers, and I'll try and get a match against them. :p

In all seriousness, just step across and square cut for six. I've gotten 90% of my sixes square cutting bouncers. And, if they stray too much down leg-side, just leave it and it's a free wide. ;)

Somebody mentioned 'harrisb' was a yorker spammer, but I have not encountered him yet. I played against somebody who bowled about 25 out of 30 yorkers but I've forgotten their name!.. and I've played a few matches since then so it's not showing up in my recent games.

There's a guy who bowls all bouncers, I played him twice in the beta, i think. I bowled good, but when his turn came, he pushes the ball down and outside off stump.

He probably knows nothing other than that, scared boy. :D

block hole spammer

this dude bowled 30 yorkers. the rest were all bouncers :P

thanks to the sad system performance of mine (a hundred thousand open applications) i only managed a small total...

but i really cant imagine the face of the person when i hit him for 5 sixes in a row in the last over :P all on yorkers :P mid wicket swing ROCKS!

Attachments

• sad bowler!!.JPG
    sad bowler!!.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 105
I actually don't care about bouncers/yorkers anymore. Bouncers can easily be hit away for 4. With the yorkers just time it and you'll either smash it or pick up a good 2 or 3 runs. But it is frustrating if you've just started the game and you've been bombarded with them.

Spinksy just quit on me after batting for 3 overs and scoring less than 10 runs

He probably couldn't take the lag. Its really bad for him.

Thats what he said but he still should have completed. If the lag was really that bad then he should have quit in the first over not at then end of the 3rd.

Absolute guaranteed certainties in life:

Last week we looked at Death and Taxes; this week we are looking at the following:

Take the following ingredients....

1. An online cricket game of any sort, shape or form.

2. Planet Cricket members.

3. A thread.

Mix them all together and wait for the bitching and moaning to start.

Next week: Slagging off each others profile pictures. Doctor Rasmustin Vlodivsky of the Icelandic School of Economics will be our guest! Should be fun!

Just played against Morbers Team Name-Swiss XI
Almost 20-23 of his deliveries were yorkers:facepalm

ubaid is a cheater. bowls only yorkers.

I don't get the issue with yorkers here. I bowl them all the time in my school league matches, and they're effective. I keep bowling them for that reason. So I fail to see why in an online game things should be different.

On the other hand, the game should make bowling yorkers quite difficult, as it is in real life, in order to prevent people from using it. No point slagging off people doing their best to win.

Users who are viewing this thread