Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Unlucky Dip Player 7...

upload_2020-4-14_1-27-46.png
:ban: :bwl: Sajedul Islam

Nominated by
: @DalePlaysCricket

Test stats: 18 runs @ 3.00 (best 6) and 3 wickets @ 77.33 (best 2/71) in 3 matches
First-class stats: 1,702 runs @ 17.61 (best 76) and 241 wickets @ 28.07 (5 5WI, best 6/51) in 98 matches

Another not-too-terrible player to pick up, Sajedul Islam was a complete dud at Test level, but he was operating in a bowling "attack" (strong word) that was improperly suited to his best role as someone who just bowls a few overs of medium-pace when everyone else is a bit tired. Jokes aside, two and a half wickets a game in Bangladeshi conditions is a really decent return for a seam bowler.

And the player goes to... @Master Bates

His team so far:
:ban: :bwl: Sajedul Islam

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 8...

71541514.jpg

:ind: :bat: Virat Kohli

Nominated by
: @deleted member

Test stats: 7,240 runs @ 53.62 (27 centuries, best 254*) in 86 matches
First-class stats: 9,489 runs @ 53.91 (34 centuries, best 254*) in 118 matches

Okay I still don't fully understand how or why this happened, but Virat Kohli is in the Unlucky Dip and one of you lucky people is going to get him. There will not be another player at any stage of the draft with Kohli's proven pedigree, and I don't know how he managed to get himself nominated when the likes of Benjamin Aislabie, Navin Chan and Chris Simpson all managed to avoid being a part of the Unlucky Dip. (That's right - there's no Benjamin Aislabie in this one.)

And the player goes to... @Bevab

His team so far:

Honestly expected him to go to @blockerdave but the universe is full of surprises.

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 9...

Canada+v+Kenya+ICC+World+Cricket+League+Division+aXCKGTrB4yBm.jpg

:ken: :bwl: Alfred Luseno

Nominated by
: @Yash.

First-class stats: 17 wickets @ 43.94 (best 3/40) in 12 matches

There's a bit of a Kenyan contingent in the Unlucky Dip, and of those players Alfred Luseno is probably the most unbad of them. A medium-pacer blessed with a reasonable degree of competence, he does at least have the distinction of being the best cricketer in his family. Yeah, it could have been worse.

And the player goes to... @El Loco

His team so far:
:ken: :ar: Brijal Patel

It looks like he is going for the set here. Stay tuned to see if he can do it!

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 10...

sport-graphics-2008_777924a.jpg

:eng: :bwl: Darren Pattinson

Nominated by
: @El Loco

Test stats: 2 wickets @ 48.00 (best 2/95) in 1 match
First-class stats: 171 wickets @ 32.99 (8 5WI, best 8/35) in 62 matches

Why do you pick a roofer from Grimsby to play in your Test team? The answer of course is an Australian accent (and 29 Championship wickets for Notts at 20 apiece, but they don't fit into the narrative). In truth, Darren Pattinson was a pretty good bowler, just one who probably shouldn't have made his Test debut for England only 17 months after his first-class debut... for Victoria. Unlike Alfred Luseno, Darren Pattinson is not the best cricketer in his family.

His team so far:
:eng: :bwl: Darren Pattinson

@Bevab is secretly @blockerdave confirmed.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
:ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

Nominated by
: @Aislabie and @CerealKiller
So a 70-year old who can't bat, bowl or field. Have only got myself to blame :facepalm
Unlucky Dip Player 6...

View attachment 231354
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider

Nominated by
: @DalePlaysCricket

First-class stats: 5,014 runs @ 30.76 (6 centuries, best 184) and 261 wickets @ 24.72 (9 5WI, best 6/46) in 132 matches

The PCB describes Wasim Haider as a "former Pakistan all-rounder, current national selector and World Cup winner", and unlike most PCB statements this one is completely accurate. He never played Test cricket, but looking at some pretty reasonable career stats from the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, I'd say that getting Wasim Haider from the Unlucky Dip is a net win.

And the player goes to... @CerealKiller

His team so far:
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider
:ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

That is quite the dynamic duo.
But at least got a decent player here

Nominated by
@deleted member
AF03D239-CB50-449A-8186-157001F81237.gif

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Unlucky Dip Player 8...

71541514.jpg

Nominated by

Okay I still don't fully understand how or why this happened, but Virat Kohli is in the Unlucky Dip and one of you lucky people is going to get him. There will not be another player at any stage of the draft with Kohli's proven pedigree, and I don't know how he managed to get himself nominated when the likes of Benjamin Aislabie, Navin Chan and Chris Simpson all managed to avoid being a part of the Unlucky Dip. (That's right - there's no Benjamin Aislabie in this one.)

His team so far:

Honestly expected him to go to @blockerdave but the universe is full of surprises.

Unlucky Dip Player 9...

Canada+v+Kenya+ICC+World+Cricket+League+Division+aXCKGTrB4yBm.jpg

Nominated by
: @Yash.

First-class stats: 17 wickets @ 43.94 (best 3/40) in 12 matches

There's a bit of a Kenyan contingent in the Unlucky Dip, and of those players Alfred Luseno is probably the most unbad of them. A medium-pacer blessed with a reasonable degree of competence, he does at least have the distinction of being the best cricketer in his family. Yeah, it could have been worse.

And the player goes to... @El Loco

His team so far:
:ken: :ar: Brijal Patel

It looks like Zaki is going for the set here. Stay tuned to see if he can do it!
The only reason I had gone for ALfred and not Josephat, is that @Na Maloom Afraad was quite known with his exploits in his team, and would have nominated him surely.

And You were there to pick Benjamin Aislabie.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Unlucky Dip Player 8...

71541514.jpg

Nominated by

His team so far:

Why?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Ah I definitely missed a trick here. All my nominations have played in at least one test it didn't occur to me to look for cricketers just on the domestic circuit too.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Unlucky Dip Player 8...

71541514.jpg

Nominated by

His team so far:

I mean, WHY???

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Unlucky Dip Player 8...

71541514.jpg

Nominated by

His team so far:

Sure...

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Aislabie You've missed out on the most interesting aspect of Hornby's career, he was the man that lost a test match to a certain team from Down Under at home which prompted the Sporting Times to write a certain obituary and gave rise to the oldest cricket rivalry in history. Hardly the type of aura you would want in your side. :spy[DOUBLEPOST=1586847040][/DOUBLEPOST]I can only imagine that @deleted member believed that his players can also be assigned to his side or that someone else would also nominate Kohli. Or perhaps he was just being generous. :D

Aislabie

Ireland
I know a way to access it for free :p

And Samarth, you gotta start reading the rules, bhai. @deleted member
Yeah, the Internet Archive is good, but I need my oracles!

Ah I definitely missed a trick here. All my nominations have played in at least one test it didn't occur to me to look for cricketers just on the domestic circuit too.
Yeah, this was arguably one where creativoty was the name of the game, but the sheer variety is what makes it fun.

@Aislabie You've missed out on the most interesting aspect of Hornby's career, he was the man that lost a test match to a certain team from Down Under at home which prompted the Sporting Times to write a certain obituary and gave rise to the oldest cricket rivalry in history. Hardly the type of aura you would want in your side. :spy[DOUBLEPOST=1586847040][/DOUBLEPOST]I can only imagine that @deleted member believed that his players can also be assigned to his side or that someone else would also nominate Kohli. Or perhaps he was just being generous. :D
I've written about Hornby so many times that I just didn't want to do the same poinrs again. And he said he was being generous

Users who are viewing this thread