The Reintegration Thread

Emerging on Twitter that at tonight's meeting KP has been told he will not be selected for England again and that he might as well go to the IPL.

I would say southee and boult will open a few places up if they are not busted by ipl[DOUBLEPOST=1431379079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Emerging on Twitter that at tonight's meeting KP has been told he will not be selected for England again and that he might as well go to the IPL.

I think piers told strauss was going to have talks with KP on not selecting him to day before the triple itslef

Also this is the first triple in county since 2011 it seems that should mean something right regardless of division

Didn't do much for James Hildreth 5 or so years ago.

outshone by carberry though i think who got that last triple that same season and it did atleast get him selected right?

just checked this guy his stats do look decent similar to carberry.

I'm not up to date with who has scored Triple's to be honest, I just knew that Hildreth did once. I'm just saying that just because he's reached that number, doesn't mean that it's a free pass to the England side, because it never has been in the past.

lol at people bigging up a score against a team that literally hasn't won a championship game in over two years

not that he shouldn't be playing, but the argument would be so much stronger if he was with a division 1 county

Ha some people in real denial on planetcricket, the usual anti-KP suspects smfh

God don't sleep though, KP is a #$@&ing boss, all the lies the ECB and Giles Clarke have tried tarnish his credibility and cover the real disgraceful reasons they sacked him from the team and now he does this. SUPERBBB

All of ENG struggles and misguided thinking, selections and play since the Ashes drubbing is a direct correlation to the shameful act of sacking him. So if Strauss really feel he going to be a vindictive fool and continue to deny the ENG fans (the masses) his place in team, he stint as director will eventually follow same abrupt end as Moores and Downtown cause ENG will keep losing, if such people are at the helm.

If this was a England football story, the media would be so all up in the ECB's ass they would not be able to rest until KP was in the team.

lol at people bigging up a score against a team that literally hasn't won a championship game in over two years

the attack was decent for any county team, the fact that none has scored that triple against this 'weak' team in past 4-5 years says something. Also the way he has scored it literally shepherding the last two batsman next highest is 36 should say something, Then its a effing Triple they are always special whichever team they come against.

cricinfo
"
Doubtless many will sneer that the opposition was "only Leicestershire", who are without a Championship win in two years but, led by the indefatigable McKay, they are an improved side, and proved as much by preventing any other Surrey batsman passing 36.

As he often did playing for England, Pietersen created two parallel games, utterly unrelated to each other: the bowlers v KP; and the bowlers v everyone else."

cant put it better than this.

Archie McLaren 494 in 1895
Graeme Hick 405 in 1988
Neil Fairbrother 366 in 1990
Sir Len Hutton 364 in 1938
R Abel 357 in 1899

...Are the elite scores by a English batter in cricket history Records | First-class matches | Batting records | Most runs in an innings | ESPN Cricinfo - if KP can break into this list 2moro, i really want to see which bright individual here or in media or at ECB will try to say KP has no future in ENG test team.

I'm not 'anti-KP', I just don't believe that all of England's problems will be solved by him coming back into the team. Undoubtedly he is past his best and was a disruptive presence in the dressing room. These things cannot be argued. He was clearly serious about trying to get back into the side, coming back from the IPL to play county cricket in front of one-man-and-his-dog, but he made a mistake going to a second division county. If we were talking about 326 not out against Yorkshire or Durham, my tone would be a lot more positive than it is with it being a treble hundred against the worst team in the country.

England's main problem is a lack of quality in the bowlers, I think the batting lineup is pretty good.

not that he shouldn't be playing, but the argument would be so much stronger if he was with a division 1 county

if the attack was so poor, how come nobody else made over 36? ok, the attack was hardly West Indies 1984, but it wasn't a pub team either.

Strauss says there are "trust issues". For once, got to agree with him. Calling KP a c**t on live TV doesn't exactly show that he's got KP's back, does it?

Users who are viewing this thread