PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 22: Craig Spearman
Nominated by: @sanchitgarg
Received by: Self Receival
1630046488515.png
Just one self-receival this time around and it isn't a bad one. Spearman was more talented and destructive than his international stats suggest, which was confirmed with his long spell at Gloucestershire; a T20 strike rate of 139.2 hints at it though. Maybe hed've been like Brad Hodge if not for a career ending injury in 2008.

Attachments

• 1630046637953.png
    1630046637953.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 39

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 23: David Warner
Nominated by: @Till Valhalla
Received by: @Parth D
1630046637953.png

Keep the sandpaper far away and you've got yourself a star.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
I'll take Morrison tbh, not an ideal opener but gives me a bowling option which i think will be handy with all the terrible bowlers nominated at the end

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Pick 16: Danny Morrison
Nominated by: @Ed Smith's Basement
Received by: @Neptune
View attachment 254791
Yes, the Duckman once opened the batting as a joke- NZ needed to chase the mammoth target of 2 in a 1990 Test so they sent out Morrison and regular number ten Martin Snedden. Snedden was an OK bat, Morrison not so. At least he can bowl
Are these sort of picks allowed? Like someone who opened the batting just once or twice while his priliminary position is elsewhere

sanchitgarg

Club Cricketer
India
Mumbai Indians
Pick 22: Craig Spearman
Nominated by: @sanchitgarg
Received by: Self Receival
View attachment 254796
Just one self-receival this time around and it isn't a bad one. Spearman was more talented and destructive than his international stats suggest, which was confirmed with his long spell at Gloucestershire; a T20 strike rate of 139.2 hints at it though. Maybe hed've been like Brad Hodge if not for a career ending injury in 2008.
Could have gone much worse so I am happy with the pick.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Are these sort of picks allowed? Like someone who opened the batting just once or twice while his priliminary position is elsewhere
I let Jack Leach through in Round 1 so I couldn't say no to that one. I will say, no night watchmen are allowed through the middle order.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I let Jack Leach through in Round 1 so I couldn't say no to that one. I will say, no night watchmen are allowed through the middle order.
Night watchmen should be good though, they used to be a valid tactic.

Users who are viewing this thread