Draft: The RLG Draft

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey, sorry for the delays. I've been dealing with both IRL stuff and mental health and haven't really had time or motivation to post here much.

A pick reminder for @mohsin7827 and @Yash.
I'll get this round done tomorrow and then you guys can submit for R6 while I'm away at camp.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hey, sorry for the delays. I've been dealing with both IRL stuff and mental health and haven't really had time or motivation to post here much.

A pick reminder for @mohsin7827 and @Yash.
I'll get this round done tomorrow and then you guys can submit for R6 while I'm away at camp.
No issue at all, take your time.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 50: Nic Maddinson
Nominated by @ddrap14
Received by @Mittal2002
1633222396151.png
Known for his variety of hairstyles, on his day Maddo can be a destructive batsman. But since his arm was broken in a 2019 Shield game, his confidence against pace has never been the same. Hopefully he gets back on track this year.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 51: Steve Waugh
Nominated by: @ahmedleo414
Received by: @Yash.
1633222844289.png
A boon to pick up. Waugh was the heartbeat of what was maybe Australia's best ever team (at least the first half of that era) and a great batsman in his own right. His 400 run partnership with his brother will go down in legend.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 52: Nicolaas Scholtz
Self-receival by @Aislabie
1633222947290.png
This... didn't entirely go to plan. League guys may remember Bernard Scholtz being better than I expected or wanted in the WT20, and his brother wasn't the worst cricketer ever either. Unfortunately, he is one of the worst in this round.

Also, here's Aislabie's bio of him:
Often overshadowed by his more talented brother Bernard, to the extent that even after over 250 caps for his national team his Cricinfo profile still had him bowling with the wrong hand, Nicolaas Scholtz was in many ways the Namibian answer to Michael Yardy - flat, darted left-arm spin and awkward, crouching left-handed batting which ground out runs by any means necessary. He was also an excellent leader, bringing the best out of some of his country's best cricketers.
Post automatically merged:

Pick 53: Inzamam-ul-Haq
Nominated by: @CerealKiller
Received by: @sanchitgarg
1633223110144.png
A great. Just make sure he never calls between the wickets.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 57: Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Nominated by: @Neptune
Received by: @ddrap14
1633223881091.png
Chanderpaul was a properly brilliant player. He was useful across all three formats, across all six batting positions, but it was in the Test middle order he shone the most. Good pickup.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 58: Roston Chase
Nominated by: @sanchitgarg
Received by: @Neptune
1633224129809.png
I don't think Roston would be offended if I said he was a worse batsman than Shiv, because he is. But he can bowl, so he offers something different to Neptune's team than the Caribbean he gave away.

Users who are viewing this thread