Draft: The Seniors First Test Draft

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Since @Aislabie has already picked a player with 92 caps.

I will go ahead and pick Adam Gilchrist as my next pick who has 96 caps to his name.

1. :ind: :bat: Rahul Dravid
  2. :wi: :bat: Brian Lara

3. :aus: :wkb: Adam Gilchrist

4. :pak: :bwl: Wasim Akram

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I do somewhat regret not starting my team with Wasim given how long it took to get down to him, but Imran Khan will be a fantastic addition to my team all the same. 362 wickets @ 22.81 is plenty to get him into my team already, but when you couple that with an average of 61.86 batting at number six, he simply walks into my team. He's also a captaincy candidate, but I'm far from decided on that role at this point.

For my second pick, I go with New Zealand's greatest ever player Richard Hadlee. His bowling record is even better than Imran's with 431 wickets at 22.29. A career batting average of 27 is certainly enough for him to bat at eight (where he also averages 27), but probably not any higher than that. I'm very happy with the core of my team, and the fact that it will likely allow me to have Sobers in the team as the sixth bowler at most and thus to really focus on his batting.

3. :wi: :ar: Garfield Sobers (93 caps)
4. :aus: :bat: Steven Smith (92 caps)
6. :pak: :ar: Imran Khan (88 caps)
8. :nzf: :ar: Richard Hadlee (86 caps)

@Parth D

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
My first non-Australian pick is going to be :wi: Clyde Walcott with 44 caps, and he will be our designated 'keeper. Bunch of really good options between Cummins (47) and Walcott (44), with my eyes being particularly drawn to Arthur Morris, Jim Laker and of course, Shoaib Akhtar. But it'd be foolish to not go for Clyde Walcott, who, with a career tally of 3798 runs (at an average of 56.68) is probably the best wicket-keeper available at the moment. I did think of potentially making a bit of an outlandish pick with Rishabh Pant, but with Pat Cummins already in the side, I think I'm content with the number of modern-day players in my team atm.

Clyde Walcott's batting position remains undecided for now.

:aus: :bat: Victor Trumper (48 caps)
:aus: :bat: Don Bradman (52 caps)
:wi: :wkb: Clyde Walcott (44 caps) †
:aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins (47 caps)

@ahmedleo414

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Explosive Virender Sehwag, 8k test runs at average of 50, handy with ball with 40 test wickets.
Viv Richards, Viru, Abd. Dream combo.
@CerealKiller

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
you sure? I don't think so
THE Best fast bowler I have seen. And I have also seen McGrath, Steyn, Bond and of course Anderson.

You wouldn't want to make the guy lose his temper. The late Dean Jones would have agreed I think.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'll take Shaun Pollock (108 caps), one of the most underrated modern cricketers, and at par with the great all-rounders of the 80s.
@Naman7

CerealKiller's XI
3. :pak: Younis Khan :bat:
4. :pak: Javed Miandad :bat:
7. :saf: Shaun Pollock :ar:
8. :aus: Shane Warne :bwl:

Users who are viewing this thread