The Situation In America

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Based on the overall feel here in USA, what Trump seems to be doing is just to rally his base around him and project him as the guy who did not lose but as someone from whom victory was snatched. There is almost no chance in the Republicans overturning the results in their favor. The margin of victories for Biden in the crucial states are pretty significant and there is no possibility for Trump to reverse it. Even if he pushes all of them into a recount, he could gain a few hundred votes only (most likely).

He could also be doing this for the Senate runoffs in January. If Dems win those two Senate seats that are heading for a runoff, then they tie the Senate thereby making Kamala Harris (ruling VP and a Democrat) the tie breaker. It is massive and with a House majority to also have on their side, Democrats have no blockers in passing reforms that Republicans don't agree to. Trump will have to keep his rhetoric until the runoffs are done and Republicans claim those two seats, giving them a slim majority in the Senate and thats where it becomes challenging for Biden and team to pass significant reforms without using the executive order power (which opens them up for lawsuits).

Given how executive orders have been passed almost freely in the last four years by the current president, would it not be the same for Biden if he chooses to do so? At the very least he could reverse all of what Trump has done.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Given how executive orders have been passed almost freely in the last four years by the current president, would it not be the same for Biden if he chooses to do so? At the very least he could reverse all of what Trump has done.
Yeah, Trump diverted billions of money supposed to be for the Department of Defence to building his wall on the border. The challenge by the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives has been bogged down in the courts.
I guess Biden will reverse it soon after taking office, along with every other executive order issued by Trump, including the "Muslim ban", exiting the WHO and Paris climate agreement. Those are the easiest things he can do, in terms of reforms.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Yep. The expectation is for Biden to come in and issue an "executive order" that reverses most (if not all) of Trump's executive orders (like what CerealKiller has mentioned above).

But I am not sure Biden will use the executive order feature as much as Trump did. Only in the last 4 years was the executive order abused so much by the current president. There will now be thought behind whether to really use an executive order or not (just like how cricket team captains decide whether to take DRS or not; sorry that analogy came to my mind and I was so desperate to say it here :p)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bookies haven’t actually paid out yet... that’s my check.

nevertheless, I’m happy to start the McEnany2024 bandwagon starting now

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The transition has officially been initiated.

Users who are viewing this thread