The trials and tribulations of Everton in Planetcricket

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
well since my current match against the reigning champions is going as expected, (batting first 96-6)

ill start with our planetcricket history,

started in the a fairly easy group, winning every match we played in, and progressing to the 1st knockout round without breaking sweat, then in typical everton (RL football, and in battrick) getting a tough draw, the favourites away, and although we fought valiantly we got defeated quite comfortably, then to rub salt into the wounds, the falcons team bus broke down the next week so they forefited, if the falcons forefitted aginst me, i would have had a strong chance of winning the tile (not favourites though, but in the top 2/3), ah well, better luck this time

in that competition, dunc king pretty much carried the team, (as he did in the league) but greed got the better of me and i sold him, hoping for long term gain, not benefited from it yet. Since then my players have all underperformed, thus going from perenial surprise package (well if king got 150 i'd win) to perenial underachievers (none of my batsmen make double figures usually), the spin has me down as play off contenders, which my team on paper is capable of. Whether it's because I dont know the players orders well enough, or they are just simply lying about their ability, they will underperform and ill finish in an average mid table spot, but if they suddenyl start performing (or i get lucky) the spin migth be right

next week, tips on how to master jenga

Last edited:

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
well tomorrows crucial league match draws ever nearer,

i beat them on my patch, comfortably i might add, skittling them out for 232 archer being the pick of the bowlers getting 5-44, dlomo also weighed in with 3-29, my openers took their time and knocked off the runs in 41.3 overs

this time their top order is a level higher, (now 2 higher than mine) but my bowling is far superior, although reports summaries mean jack...

ill post about the planetcricket match on saturday, after my yp

Everton won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: Everton (play as normal)

Name Runs Balls

Mampe lbw b. Fitzpatrick 104 112
Oakley (*) c. Hornsby b. Fitzpatrick 3 7
Rhodes c. Rowe b. Gatsha 100 100
Nelson lbw b. Fitzpatrick 0 2
Ghandi not out 62 57
Swift (+) c. Thorpe b. Gatsha 0 1
Chaudhry b. Gatsha 8 7 1
Cleaver c. Thorpe b. Gatsha 23 15
Coe not out 8 5

Extras (2b, 2lb, 3w, 6nb) 13
Total (50.0 overs, 7 wickets) 321

Name O M R W nb wd
Archer 10 0 40 1 0 0
Cleaver 10 0 85 0 0 0
Mampe 10 0 59 1 0 0
Dlomo 10 1 54 0 0 0
Chaudhry 10 0 54 0 0 0

highlighted the 3 good innings, cleaver deserves a mention aswlel socring a quickfire 23, although his bowling later let left a lot to be desired

no bowlers deserve much praise, but id says archer for his good economy

EVERTON VS PAKISTANI LEGEND

reporters summaries from both of our last league matches

Pakistani Legend Everton
Top Order: feeble Mediocre
Middle Order: woeful Feeble
Lower Order: abysmal Abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre
spin bowling: mediocre competent
Fielding: feeble woeful woeful

i have the advantage on reporters summaries, slight as is might be, atm mape PFL is struggling slightly, but should be energetic for the match, and he is arguably my best player

i rate my chances of winning at about 65-70% and upsetn wouldnt be that surprising as he is an experienced manager, and as he is top of his league, morale (and TF if he has TIE in all thsoe wins) should be higher than mine, but it shouldnt (hopefully) make too much difference

im using this match to try out some new bowling orders for my players, particularly mampe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread