The 'What If' Thread

Yes, better then Faisal Iqbal, anyone is better then Faisal Iqbal.

I think the Saffars new skipper would have been Kallis.

What if Cook was Pakistani? Do you think he would made the XI, or more importantly, secure his spot?

Easily, he's far superior to Butt, Iqbal, and any of the other recent Pakistani openers. I think he could secure a place in almost any world XI, except Australia's, although i'm sure Cook would give Jaques a run for his money.

Easily, he's far superior to Butt, Iqbal, and any of the other recent Pakistani openers. I think he could secure a place in almost any world XI, except Australia's, although i'm sure Cook would give Jaques a run for his money.
just cos he's englands best opener?
i doubt he would get into any world xi side as there are far better openers than him today,
being englands best opener isnt much to shout about these days

All countries have talent, it's just that ours is in streets doing nothing and theirs is playing U15 cricket!

We can still live of 2005 for many years :p

And in 2009 they are coming back home ;)

:rolleyes: I highly doubt it

Yes because they have to for the series, but after the 5th (maybe 6 :eek:) match has finished they will return to aus on the soonest jetstar flight out of there

Yes because they have to for the series, but after the 5th (maybe 6 :eek:) match has finished they will return to aus on the soonest jetstar flight out of there

Spot on my son! Spot on! Buy yourself a beer!

I've removed a lot of rubbish from this thread, it isn't helping anyone to post stuff like that. Some of you have really overstepped the line here.

What if Gatting hadn't gone for that reverse sweep in the 1987 World Cup Final?

England would have won.

I doubt Cook would have stayed. Sure he's talented, but the way Pakistan picks their team, one failure and he could be out of there. Then again, would the Pakistani selectors have seen his talent and stuck with him?

And BTW, he wouldn't make any NT team, atleast not RSA, Lanka, India and Aus.

NT team?

Cook would make the Sri Lanka and South Africa sides. South Africa lack opening hundreds and Sri Lanka can't fill the openers slots.

Aye man, what if Andrew Freddi Flinof''' was Zimbabwean?

His career probably would have been long gone because neither he or his international side would have been able to pay for the ridiculous medical bills that have kept his career alive in the recent past.

NT stands for National Team on Battrick :p

I dunnow, RSA already have a Left-handed opener in Smith, and Gibbs has done a good job there as well. If he would make it, I guess it would be a bit later in his career. Sri Lanka had till just recently Jayasuriya and Tharanga, and Tharanga is still there and Vandort is doing well, so again, maybe later than he debuted for England.

If Freddie was Zimbabwean he would have moved to England due to the racial quotas and such and have gone on the represent England :)

His career probably would have been long gone because neither he or his international side would have been able to pay for the ridiculous medical bills that have kept his career alive in the recent past.

good point, never though that.

Users who are viewing this thread