The 'What If' Thread

Should change your name to Gilly Mentalist.

What if Hayden got kicked out of the squad after 2005 Ashes series?

He would have been re-selected not long after because he would show extreme dominance in Domestic cricket, unless Jaques batted really well.

I am bout to raise a few important 'what ifs' firstly what if Sehwag was picked insted of Yuvraj Singh, would that mean India perform better with bat. Also Ifran Pathan was not picked to replace the injured Zaheer Kahn instead a 19 yr old has been picked and so far has been denied 1 wicket of Andrew Symonds. Also what if Umpire Bucknor and his partner in crime (forgot name of other umpire) missing loud snicks. Poor Umpiring. So if there where differant umpires would Australia have been bowled out on the first day. Its all what ifs of course and speculation. IMO if all the things i have just wrote did happen i believe India would have come close to bowling Aus out on the first day and maybe getting two hundred in one of the innings of the first test.

Last edited:
I was itching to post it but didn't because I would immediately be labeled by people who woke up and thus had no clue what was going on that I was just whining because Australia recovered so well.

Is there no such thing as "Adidas ads" in Australia? :what

Yeah, Impossible is nothing - Anything can happen in a game of Cricket.

What If Shane Warne never existed and Stuart MacGill was the 1st choice Spinner?

What if Stuey was Sri Lankan? Would he have replaced Murali, especially with Murali being no-balled a lot when he first came on the scene?

What if Stuey was Sri Lankan? Would he have replaced Murali, especially with Murali being no-balled a lot when he first came on the scene?

Thats a good one. I think that Murali could have been sacked after the tour to Aus in the 95 season. But being the dominance he is he would have done exceptionally well at Domestic level and they would have played 2 spinners.

what if the umpire gave that plumb lbw to wasim in 99 when pakistan were touring the windies in the last test match and last wicket left?
75.6 Wasim Akram to Adams, no run, loud appeal for caught behind,
declined by ump Doctrove, even Holding and others cannot agree
with that decision, a clear sound and visible edging
End of over 76 (2 runs, maiden) West Indies 196/8 (20 more runs req)

78.6 Saqlain Mushtaq to Walsh, no run, an appeal for bat and pad, ump
Cowie declines, replay shows it was a bat and pad and even Rameez
for once says that the appeal was correct
End of over 79 (3 runs) West Indies 200/9 (16 more runs req)

what if action was taken against doctrove who admitted he didnt give the edge out cos he feared for his liife?
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat..._IN_WI/SCORECARDS/PAK_WI_T3_25-29MAY2000.html

this one is for the aussie fans here

99 series 2nd wasim akram to langer or gilchrist cant remember but i know for a fact it was during their big partnership which won the aussies the match and the series.
clear edge when one of them was new to the crease and australia would have been 6 down for 100odd chasing 369.
moin took the catch somehow the umpire gave it not out
and the rest of the series as they say is history
heres the scorecard
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63855.html

what if the umpire had given that out?

What if Shane Warne chose AFL over cricket (this is regarding cricket only)?

What if Shane Warne chose AFL over cricket (this is regarding cricket only)?
He played for Stkilda reserves didnt he? But im pretty sure he wouldnt of made it to AFL.

Ponting played state footy though, so what if ey!

Last edited by a moderator:
He would have got kicked out of an AFL team - to strict. And he was a smoker...no chance.

Users who are viewing this thread