The World cup u liked.......

The simplest tournaments are always the best. Four groups of four, top two qualify, quarters, semis and final. Jesus is it too hard for the powers that be to comprehend. Cricket needs all the friends it can get, and the 2003 World Cup just seem to confuse anybody who was trying to get to grips with the game. I sometimes wonder whether the ICC officials actually want to promote this great game.

The only reason the ICC abandoned the quarter finals was that in the 96 World Cup South Africa won all their group games and then lost in the quarter finals.

I say "So?" thats sport, sh*t happens.

Even two groups of four in the last 8 would be better than a super 8.

Agree. A tournament encompasses a lot of things like getting into form and timing your best performances for the right games. It was unfortunate that SA got knocked out in the quarters after winning all of their games, but like you say that's sport. Quite simply they bottled it in the big game, no excuses.

world cup 2003 was boring because 2 teams were on a completely different level compared to other teams

92 for me....u know y but...the trick is nice and simple and u wont get any complaints..well there is always compaling but there will be much less just do the 4 groups of 4, followed by knockout....SA lost fair and square and it happens in sport aall the time like soccer world cup...it is elimination, or if they want to make it more "fair"...each type of finals is a best of three(incluidng semis and quater)...i find this stupid but it is jsut a solution...

1983 world cup was the best remember India won :P
That was the most unpredictable thing.

Users who are viewing this thread