The World cup u liked.......

R

ramboy

I liked the 1992 Benson and Hedges world cup,though many matches were lost because of rain the matches were excellent and it was a great final,the semi-final between SAF and ENG was biased just like the match between AUS and IND where they had the new rain-rule,I have very good memories of that world cup
the 1999 WC was also good except the finals and WC 2003 was equally good except for the fact that many good teams didn't make it to the super-six

yeah and politic shad to interfere or zim wouldnt make it to SS...also the 92 is my fav as the the team that won, won through hard work and determination...i know it is pak but also i would say the same thing about india, australia or any team that didnt have much talent(i am not saying india and austrlia had no talent then but i am saying is if they were in paks position becuase at that time we only had wasim, imran and javed...the rest were O.K players and mushy was becomign one but wasnt there)

Also two very exciting semis...pak vs nz was also very good match becuase that is where the legend(of cricket and eating) began...u have to see the mathc....he is so skinny...it isnt even funny..he looks like a little kid(like a teeanger)

whoops i just read my last sentence...i meant the legend of motta ul haq or refered as inzi began

note: motta means fat...well inzi is fat...he is like a alu(potato)

Australia had alot of talent in 1992...

but according to Mark Taylor when writing about his experiences in World cups he said the part of their dissapointing performance was due to a very long and hot summer then being plonked into the world cup

I liked the 2003 world cup.It was one of India's best performences.

surpislly...bharat i thought i would sya 83...that is where india beat the "unstoppable' windies(garner, llyod, holding, everybody)...i think that victory signalled the end of windies domination

I wasen't born when the 1983 worldcup was played.I know India played well.But I didn't see it.I could atleast see the 2003 world cup.
And also I think the current Indian team is more talented than the team in the 80's.

i like the 2003 world cup and also the 1996 wc.1992 and 1999 were boring

The 2003 World Cup was a complete joke. Most of the matches were predictable and boring, the best sides didn't progress, too many dead rubber games with the group stages being far too long. Too much politics, cowardice on behalf of the ICC..I could go on. The 2003 World Cup portrayed everything that was bad about a World Cup, the only small crumb of consolation was a Aussie-India final with Australia rightfully winning. Apart from that it was a complete turn-off.

I agree. Way too many games, the stupid carrying points forward to the Super 6, and organising games in a country run by an evil dictator.

At least in the next World Cup they've seen some sense and gone to a 4 groups of 4 1st round. The problem is they're having a Super 8 phase, but teams only carry forward points from 1 game. Is a quarter final stage out of the ICCs imagination?

Users who are viewing this thread