Things we can do without...

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think too many people have access to PlanetCricket. Sure the community here seems big enough, but there are just too many people playing these games. I don't think they'd ever know there's mods which correct names, uniforms, bats etc. No need to be selfish here I guess. What I say is the utmost priority to gameplay, then comes everything else.

playkid12

Club Captain
You guys are ridiculous. Everything mentioned in this topic would reduce a game's appeal to the average consumer that has no idea about modding. Game's ratings would also decrease and ratings generate interest from people. Good gameplay doesn't need to be something people put money into like crazy. It's that it's just difficult to make a game be realistic as well as entertaining to the masses. I think a simple setting of 'arcade' vs 'realistic' could do the trick.

God, I hope they do something about the awful fielding and bowling animations though. Especially fielding.

Last edited:

P1YUSH

School Cricketer
Things do not required at all

Remove all kind of extra(same shots different angles) replays (4s, 6s)

hawkeye(show only once and not twice)...same for other graphs too

remove dead ball situations (e.g. bowler animation(gets bowl in his hand from another fielder), fielder animation(exercising around), umpire animation (he looks out for a bowler, as turning his head back))

remove pre-match stadium views

:thumbs

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Remove all kind of extra(same shots different angles) replays (4s, 6s)

hawkeye(show only once and not twice)...same for other graphs too

remove dead ball situations (e.g. bowler animation(gets bowl in his hand from another fielder), fielder animation(exercising around), umpire animation (he looks out for a bowler, as turning his head back))

remove pre-match stadium views

:thumbs

Or, all of these things could be changed in the Options menu.

Make them available, but allow the user to decide if they want them in or not.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is not a good Thread.

You should look forward.

The idea of the thread is that we make it clear what things are cosmetic and unimportant to the gaming experience. Ultimately Trickstar have limited time and budget so prioritising is important.

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
I totally support this thread... will help set developer priorities
According to me, a challenging & 100% realistic game play is far more important than anything else..
So, Here is my list..
I would not mind if these are not implemented, (although having these would be great).

i) Variety in bowling actions
ii) Super overs
iii) IPL, club matches etc (these can be added after perfecting the gameplay)
iv) reverse sweep
v) Highlights (although it would be great addition)
vi) Enhanced animation (such as peculiar celebration, third umpire box-showing etc)
vii) Situation based crowd ambiance (although having these would be more realistic)
viii) Patented player names (we can always guess & edit accordingly ... Tim Northee !!!? Oh come on!! :) )

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
On the subject of real v fake player names, the ones in that free cricket game doing the rounds on this forum are brilliant. Matt Prior is "M.Previous" and Alastair Cook is "A.Chef". Hats off.

dhayalan

School Cricketer
We Indians will definitely buy if there is IPL and Indian team license. Just like fifa 13.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
We Indians will definitely buy if there is IPL and Indian team license. Just like fifa 13.

Do you know how many copies FIFA 13 sold in India?
If anyone can find out a definitive number, I'd be very interested...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Do you know how many copies FIFA 13 sold in India?

20 Copies is my guess, maybe few people read the box wrong
and thought it was a cricket game hahahahahah:D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's amazing how there's a bunch of charts - even ones with AC09/IC2010 doing well - with no numbers in sight. The thing about FIFA 13 selling well seems to be true based on those numberless charts, but that could be the top seller out of a few thousand sales, especially based on the fact there can't be that many people rushing out to get Kinect Sports.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It's amazing how there's a bunch of charts - even ones with AC09/IC2010 doing well - with no numbers in sight. The thing about FIFA 13 selling well seems to be true based on those numberless charts, but that could be the top seller out of a few thousand sales, especially based on the fact there can't be that many people rushing out to get Kinect Sports.

Yeah. It's the big problem with deducing the size of the Indian market: there's not reliable numbers with which to prove it...
And when you're spending someone else's money, the final decisions are not in your hands.

Interesting to see Street Cricket so high: can anyone in India confirm that it's PSN only? Or can it be bought in shops as well?

adit142

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it can be buyed from shops also.

----------

i am from india and we can buy it from croma

----------

indians do buy games. i myself bought many pc games. i dont have console. i bought ashes cricket 09, and many new pc games like max payne3 extra. it comes to basics on choice.

----------

if the rate is kept around 500-700 for pc games then many indians buy. if console game is kept around 1000-1500 then games r sold gud

Users who are viewing this thread