Think about this...

• Thread starter rahul_sharma_1980
  • Start date
R

rahul_sharma_1980

I am relatively new to this forum.... I saw some strict warnings for giving out or asking for Serials / Cracks .... And the reason for the strictness was given as "we should support the developers" .. It is stresses that we buy the original game instead of a pirated copy.

I dont really agree with this. The game is worth more than Rs. 1500. The majority of the people in India would find that too expensive.... Imagine the plight of a middle class Indian youth. Very passionate about Cricket. Wants the game desperately. Sees you guys talking about the game here. Has many pictures of the game in his mind. Has a lot of plans about what all he would do and try in the game. And when he sees the price on the box.... His dreams are shattered. Rs. 1500/- can be used to buy a lot of things of necessity rather than a game. I think he should buy a pirated copy that costs Rs. 50/-. And if some god mooo! forum or its members are not willing to help him out just try out some other source. He would surely succeed.

And as for the developers, I dont think buying original copies would be supporting them directly. The money would just add to EA's profits.

Many might disagree but thats what I feel.... Piracy takes place where the real things are too expensive. If the real game would lost less, the would be a lot more people buying the real one. Its upto EA to decide whether it wants price or volume. Until it sacrifices price, piracy would continue and no forum, no tricks with the code for strict authentication would be able to stop it.... Its EA's call ....

H

harrisshahzad

Its a very valid point raised. and Mr Nixon always has lavish use of words whenever this topic is stirred. firstly, Mr nixon doesnt have a clue what happens in the subcontinent. Getting hold of an original game is next to impossible, let alone buying it. And if for some chance someone finds it, its hopelessly expensive, and about 90% of the population wont be ablt to buy it, and not really enjoy the game, so
if the people dont enjoy it, why was it made, if pirate copies arent available to such places, then your forum wont work, coz most of the messages and pictures are from there!!!

I dont support piracy, if you have the means then get it legal. BUT what if you cant even find it on the market and all you can get it pirated copies?

Surely Mr Nixon doesnt expect noone to buy the game at all if its not original.

And please next time, act like a grownup and refrain from using words which are degradatory and insulting. It can work both ways!!!

Attachments

• DONKEY_OVERLOAD.jpg
    DONKEY_OVERLOAD.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by harrisshahzad@Jan 1 2004, 10:20 PM
Surely Mr Nixon doesnt expect noone to buy the game at all if its not original.
Well actuall I think if you can only buy pirated copies, you shouldn't buy the game at all. Do you really think it is acceptable to steal?

P

playjls

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Jan 1 2004, 09:41 PM
I think you're an idiot.

There is never any excuse for piracy.
for once i actually agree with you :clap: close this thread ;D: .please.

A

AndrewC

If they can afford a PS2 ($250 AUD) or a computer (at least $1500 AUD) then surely they can afford a game of $60-$70 AUD? :rolleyes:

Are you just saying that it's ok to steal? Say for example I really want a Ferrari badly... do I go and steal one? :rolleyes:

N

Nazgul_169

Rahul, you are an idiot. Andrew raised a good point, in that if those "poor" people on the subcontinent can afford to have a system that will run this game, then i dont see what stops them from spending a little more and getting the game. Besides, there is no excuse for piracy.

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Piracy is bad but the game definitely aint worth the actual price. I don't know how much money EA spend on producing a game but this one was definitely not too appealing to me. I believe EA simply doesn't donate too much of their time to something such as cricket as it is not one of their main profit-products. However, EA should have at least notified buyers on the box that Intel Graphic chipsets are not supported. No. They wanted the money and as a company that is trying to sell a product, the consumer should be the most important -- not the profit. It is almost like EA stealing money from us which is as bad as piracy.

I guess I'll just have to go out and buy a new graphic card some day for now I'm playing this on my laptop with 16 MB vram and it is slower than an actual game of cricket. Now that's the height of frustration!!

Arrie

Club Cricketer
Who knows that how many people here are having pirated copies and showing it as genuine.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
in india, just about everything is pirated. music, movies, games, etc. im sure it is very difficult to find a genuine copy of the game. The majority of people in the subcontinent are going to have a pirated version of the game, knowingly or unknowingly. it is not these people's fault for buying the game, it is the fault of those who are pirating the game.

Mr. Nixon, while i agree with the sentiment of your statement.
? I think you're an idiot.

There is never any excuse for piracy.

i think you could've chosen better words, people can take offense to such words as "idiot" just my opinion though.

If i called you an idiot i bet i would get a temp ban placed on my head.

D

destroyersachin

If anyone from the subcontinent buys a legal copy which costs around 1500 or over...then that is the person who would actually be called an idiot.......majority of the people have surely bought the pirated copy in the subcontinent and why shouldn't they buy the pirated copy?

The game is worth more than Rs. 1500. The majority of the people in India would find that too expensive.... Imagine the plight of a middle class Indian youth. Very passionate about Cricket. Wants the game desperately. Sees you guys talking about the game here. Has many pictures of the game in his mind. Has a lot of plans about what all he would do and try in the game. And when he sees the price on the box.... His dreams are shattered

Oh yea right some people buy the original/legal copy and that saves the world and Iraq and god knows which country.

I

imported_tegg02

No one person can actually stop piracy ... its not gonna stop until the people who actually buy illegal copies of any game/software/whatever stop. Quesitons like "why wud I wanna waste 1500 rupees on a game when I can get it for free or cheaply?"

People have to stop ... but a recent study shows that P2P networking help Music Sales here in North America

R

rahul_sharma_1980

Firstly to the person who called me "idiot", in India, people like you would be described with one adjective that starts with C and ends with A. I think my Indian pals would agree.

Regarding the intel chipset issue,
I think you need to refer to books on Software Engineering and Development to know about backward compatibility. Good software is backward compatible thats what makes it portable. The quality of software is determined by features like these. I think those kangaroos havent read about it. If you are working in the software industry then it must be a low grade company that has employees like you. Thats why many companies come to India for their IT / Software professional requirements.

And about piracy, its not the same as stealing. They are completely different. People in India are smarter, they know a PC game is not worth that price. We consider the worth and value before spending. And for that kind of analysis, a lot of grey matter is required, which I doubt you have.

Someone mentioned about stealing a Ferrari .... If I wanted it badly, I definately would not steal someone elses but I might buying something thats less expensive and gives me somewhat similar satisfaction as with a Ferrari.

To end the debate about piracy, I would just like to say that it will stay. No one has the balls to stop it. Including that C----A. It would continue until the games are available at affordable prices.

A

AndrewC

Can you explain how piracy is not stealing?

And I don't get you. Firstly you said that some people in India really badly want this game but don't have the money. But then you say that people in India are smarter so get the game burnt because they know it's not worth it... So which one is it?

And I feel the game was worth buying... I find spending $70 on something I can enjoy for hours is excellent. If you think that the programmers haven't done their job properly then you shouldn't want to play the game then... so why the need to burn it? And it's not as if computer games are an essential part of life either. Also, have you ever wondered why the prices of games have gone up? It's due to the fact that about half of the people pirate the game. If there was no piracy in the world then games would be at what you think is their right price.

As someone said, there is no way to justify piracy. It IS stealing, end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread